Pirate broadcast locations

f2shooter

Afternoon everyone,

I'm finally getting time to get back to short wave listening, scanning and amateur radio and of course, back to this web site. I'll be brief, where have the pirates gone? I used to find them on 6.925 but the last few times I went there it was empty. I've tried evenings, weekends at different times, a few holidays but have found nothing. Have they migrated to another frequency or is my timing just off? Pirate radio was part of what got me so interested in this activity generally and I'd like to find it. Thanks.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Keep you eyeballs on the HF Underground (often abbreviated HFU) forums and the World of Radio reflector on groups.io. Between the two you will have a virtual plethoria of information

Glenn often pulls information from the NASWA Flashsheet which often has pirate information along with other sources. It may not be as up to date as the HFU forums but it's good background info. Oh and don't forget the many online web radios that may be able to hear what you can't

Mike

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
There were a couple of strong ones on the air just below 7 MHz on Sept 1st in the evening.

One of them never announced who they were, but the other was Ballsmacker Radio.. He/They have a web page with their frequency and schedule. BALLSMACKER RADIO

Last edited:

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
One active on 6955 right now (19:20 Z). Only about S5 at my location. Not sure what station.. Male voice playing 50's music.

Boombox

Remember, conditions aren't always superb, and haven't been in a long time, although the past couple months they've improved a bit, even on 41 through 43 Meters. Pirates are generally lower power operations. So ya just got to be persistent. Keep tuning for them.

W8WCA

Afternoon everyone,

I'm finally getting time to get back to short wave listening, scanning and amateur radio and of course, back to this web site. I'll be brief, where have the pirates gone? I used to find them on 6.925 but the last few times I went there it was empty. I've tried evenings, weekends at different times, a few holidays but have found nothing. Have they migrated to another frequency or is my timing just off? Pirate radio was part of what got me so interested in this activity generally and I'd like to find it. Thanks.
What Receiver do you have?

I would think even with a Modist Portable you should be able to catch some between 6900 and 7000 mainly on Weekends
Like always on SHortwave have to keep trying!