Pirate station on 102.5 interfering with WNEW 102.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

TekWiz

There is what seems a very strong station on 102.5, MIXX102 | we play the hits just for you They also have a stream on the phone 605.475.8039. It's possible they are not the ones transmitting it, maybe someone is repeating it.

They are causing a lot of interference with 102.7 WNEW. From their ads, it seems they are located in the Bronx. I am picking them up in Teaneck NJ which is not too far from the Bronx.

This has been discussed here, it looks like it's been around for years.
https://radioinsight.com/community/topic/very-strong-nyc-pirate-mix-102-on-102-5-fm/

How come the FCC hasn't done anything? I once texted WNEW but nobody texted me back. What can be done?

namhcor

From looking at the FCC Enforcement Bureau website, it appears that the FCC has been very aggressive in tracking down FM Radio Pirates in and around the NYC Metropolitan area for years. You should try contacting their NYC office with your information.

TekWiz

Thanks namhcor! So I searched for that and found this page: https://www.fcc.gov/enforcement This is for "Region 1' which includes NY. From looking around I understood that the radio station is the one who should file a report. I tried texting them twice but got nothing. I looked for some contact email and found the advertising director Nicholas Simonetti, and emailed him, asking him to forward it to the right person, but got nothing. I'm surprised the station doesn't seem to care. I'll try to call that 888 number for the FCC...

TekWiz

Yeah I know they have a website, I mentioned it in the original post. In fact they were suddenly gone for a few days, it was so nice and quiet, I could finally listen to 102.7 on my walkman with no interference. but unfortunately they returned tonight. I need to give the FCC a call on Monday.

D

DaveNF2G

You can file an interference complaint online. No need to wait for Monday, although probably nobody will see it until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.