Pirate stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

a29zuk

Last night, er..... or earlier today at 0115z heard pirates Wolverine Radio on 6970 and WDOG on 6960. Both were using upper sideband.

Wolverine Radio was playing some jazz tunes while WDOG was playing rock n roll.

I have heard Wolverine Radio in the past but WDOG is a new one for me.

Always fun to listen on holiday weekends.

Jim

MDScanFan

Last night was a good night for pirates and (seemingly) propagation. Around 0100 UTC I was receiving four simultaneous pirate broadcasts between 6800 and 7000 kHz. And I am listening to two right now on 6950 and 6975.

KF5EGM

supreme master television (link to a recording of the rf for sdr#(not audio)) has what i believe to be a pirate station, though they mention television, so maybe a pirate tv station? It's at 9.395 at 4:06 CST

GB46

supreme master television (link to a recording of the rf for sdr#(not audio)) has what i believe to be a pirate station, though they mention television, so maybe a pirate tv station? It's at 9.395 at 4:06 CST
If that was 4:06 AM, I would have been fast asleep, so unable to tune that station in. Anyway, I just searched Wikipedia for "supreme master television". You might want to see this article:

The TV station was founded by a Vietnamese spiritual leader, who calls herself Supreme Master Ching Hai .

Maybe what you heard was a rebroadcast of the TV audio on shortwave, but interestingly, 9.395 is listed as one of Brother Stair's frequencies, from 10:00 to 20:00 UTC.

KF5EGM

If that was 4:06 AM, I would have been fast asleep, so unable to tune that station in. Anyway, I just searched Wikipedia for "supreme master television". You might want to see this article:

The TV station was founded by a Vietnamese spiritual leader, who calls herself Supreme Master Ching Hai .

Maybe what you heard was a rebroadcast of the TV audio on shortwave, but interestingly, 9.395 is listed as one of Brother Stair's frequencies, from 10:00 to 20:00 UTC.
That's VERY interesting, considering that brother stair would be adamantly against her teachings. I'm giggling a little. But I personally dislike the fire and brimstone preachers on the air. I also am not spiritual really but that's another thing. When are we going to get some science stuff on the air?!?! I'd kill for a few good science SW broadcasts.

GB46

When are we going to get some science stuff on the air?!?! I'd kill for a few good science SW broadcasts.
I think I've run into a few, but they were carried on religious stations, which tend to be tricky. They get the listener hooked on the scientific talk, and then manage to insert something about divine miracles, or whatever. It's like a trap I nearly fell into once: Some guy was reminiscing about his fascination with radio back in his teen years; he had me there, but lost me when he started bringing religion into what he called the miracle of radio. In that sense, at least the fire and brimstone stuff is upfront and can be easily tuned out.

I could write a book about the number of JW's I've had to chase away, but that would be off topic, and besides, who would read it? :)

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
9395 is a listed WRMI frequency (transmitter 6) so it's possible you heard one of their programs - but with pirates, anything is possible....

Mike

rr60

Premium Subscriber
10/3 21:30 UTC 6.866 USB Mix Radio International +22 with great Jazz.

Boombox

I've been hearing Supreme Master TV on SW for the past eight months or more, on the 31 meter band, depending on conditions. I think they buy time on one of the US domestic broadcasters. I don't think they are a pirate. The only pirate I've heard over the last 5 years or so was the YHVH guy who used to give his 'lectures' on the 31 meter band, before he was busted.

VA3TFC

Yes Supreme Master TV buys air time on stations like WRMI or WWCR. I have heard the programming a few times.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
One of the best places to get reports of current activity is the HF Underground forums, the link for which is in message 2 of this thread. With Halloween on a weekend this year, it's sure to be very active

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.