Pirates on the HF-airband? (6660 kHz LSB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JELAIR

Does this sound like a pirate, or is something else perhaps going on here?

It is a weird vox-loop, and occasionally some music, on 6660 kHz lower side band.

I recorded 5 minutes of it on video:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Several logs of this in the UDXF over the last few months. Pirates don't necessarily care where they happen to be on HF, nor what service they might interfere with...Mike

JELAIR

Several logs of this in the UDXF over the last few months. Pirates don't necessarily care where they happen to be on HF, nor what service they might interfere with...Mike

What is UDXF?

Is that a log I can use to compare my own findings, such as this one today, so I avoid asking questions that are perhaps already answered?
Thanks.
jacob.

autovon

Ø
UDXF is a very active email list for HF listeners.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
In addition Ary Boender (the owner) has assembled a heckuva web site that's well worth visiting. Tons of interesting files and links

Mike

JELAIR

In addition Ary Boender (the owner) has assembled a heckuva web site that's well worth visiting. Tons of interesting files and links

I have put the site on my 'todo' list, for when I get some time to dive into it a bit and check it out :)
Thanks a lot Mike.

jacob.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
There really are no frequency allocations on HF radio these days. Pirates will use any frequency they wish -- that's why they're called pirates.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Saying there are no frequency allocations is just not true. There are specific allocations to which most ITU nations (tho not all- PR China is a case in point) abide. However, pirates are not bound by a silly thing like an UN Charter....Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.