Pitkin County DTRS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

epbernstein

I am in the Aspen area, and I can't find a datal/link signal from any of the DTRS sites in the area. I should be receiving Aspen Mountain and Red Table. Before I tear what's left of my hair out trying to figure out if I've mis-set something, does anyone know if there's something up with the system?

Assuming CSP still simulcasts on VHF, I guess I'll load those frequencies...

Many thanks in advance!

Erik

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
I know that various microwave links in the CO-DTRS system are being repaired/replaced/upgraded, but I don't know if that's related to the issue you're experiencing.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I am in the Aspen area, and I can't find a datal/link signal from any of the DTRS sites in the area. I should be receiving Aspen Mountain and Red Table. Before I tear what's left of my hair out trying to figure out if I've mis-set something, does anyone know if there's something up with the system?

Assuming CSP still simulcasts on VHF, I guess I'll load those frequencies...

Many thanks in advance!

Erik

Can you receive ANY DTR sites from your location? If so, do you have access to Pro96Com or Unitrunker? If you have either of those programs, park them on a control channel you can receive and check on the status of neighbor link sites in your area. That should tell you if any sites in your area are down.

n0nhj

In way too deep...
Feed Provider
Pitkin County Sites

They are in transition, the primary county law & fire dispatch channels are patched from DTRS to VHF and the reverse.

Red Table Mountain will be difficult to hear in town, likewise inside buildings from Ajax/Aspen Mt can be.

There is a new site Williams Hill that you'll probably find works best if you can't hear Aspen Mt.

All are operational at the moment.

Aspen Mt/Ajax 853.8625
Williams Hill 853.2875
Crown Mt 853.1625 (above Basalt if you are down valley)
Sunlight 853.900 Some coverage upvalley, many Pitkin units affiliate there also.

VHF 155.250 Red Mt - Patched to Pitkin Law
151.070 COFIRE - Patched to Pitkin Fire

Have fun

Chuck

epbernstein

Thank you! I will try Williams Hill. I am staying above the valley across from the airport and I'm receiving The Glenwood Springs site, but I'm sure they won't work in town.

Best, Erik

Status
Not open for further replies.