Pitman Center Fire.....so sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4yek

Yesterday while on my way home from work, I heard Pitman Center Volunteer Fire department receive a tone out to respond to a brush fire.
A few minutes later, they issued another tone out to them for the brush fire.
A few minutes later Dispatcher issued a tone out for Gatlinburg Fire to respond to the brush fire in Pitman Center, no one responded from Pitman Center Fire, not one single person was there when I drove by it. :(

They want to know why I won't put money in their boot when they are doing fund raisers? huh....go figure.

kel415

Premium Subscriber
I know what you mean by no one in the fire hall. I live on 139 north of I-40 and have went by the Northview fire hall and no one there, not a car anywhere there. I heard a call about 1:30 last saturday morning on a house fire just about a mile from my house on Throngrove Pk and I heard them page them out. I swear it was almost 20min before I heard the fire truck go by. The FD is 1.5 miles from my house.I thought why now and you are correct they come by every year with their hand out. This year they ASK for 60.00$ O---WELL

SlGlNT

Some fire departments consider themselves private clubs, and unless you know a member or are related to one of them they won't let you become one. This stupidity makes departments way understaffed. I once applied to a small county department and didn't get voted in. I was an EMT and had already completed firefighter I and II that lived 3 miles away from the station. A member of the department later told me that the reason was that I was new to the community and wouldn't know my way around the county. A month later I became a paid member of the city as a FF/EMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.