Pitt County, New Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

wajoyner

I have enjoyed reading this forum and find something new everytime I logon. I am in the Greenville area. I have been away from scanning for a while and boy have things changed with scanners. I am trying to play catch up.

Hopefully I will become knowledgable enough to meaningfully contribute here, as so many have. I am reading till I can't stay up to get the necessary skills to even begin scanning with my new 396T. I think it will be a while yet, but I am going to keep reading here for the latest and may occationally ask for some help. Thanks for all the info so far, great site!

W. A. Joyner

blueline_308

Welcome aboard. I too have recently ( within the last 3 months ) rediscovered radio again, after many years of neglecting it, and boy are you ever right...digital, trunking, dynamic memory...wow, but the learning has been fun and not too hard. I am over in Beaufort Co., so, hello neighbor. FYI, Pitt SO as well as ECU PD are switching over to the VIPER system as we speak. You can hear the SO on TGID 48000 as well as there VHF freq., but you probably already knew that.

BTW, are you related to the Mr. Joyner who used to be the Emegency Management Director in Pitt Co.?

Take Care,
Jim

Last edited:

wajoyner

Not related, but I do know him. I see by your tag that you may be LE. I am reserve officer for PCSO-SAR Team, so yes I am familiar with the viper upgrades and such. Mybe we will run into each other sometime, I go to Washington and surrounding often. What equipment do you have? This 396T is way beyond previous trunking scanners, I have alot of catching up to do. It's frustrating to know what I want to listen to, but I don't fully understand the capabilities of the equipment in order to make it happen. Reading and learning at the moment, I'll get there.

W. A. Joyner

blueline_308

If you mean MED 8, which the helos use to communicate with PCMH comms, then it is 463.1750. If you mean the channel that comms uses to talk with the fight teams and pilots and tells them that they have a run at a certain location and to check the weather for that location, then that is done on thier 800 MHz TRS, TGID 300-0. The freqs for that are in the database under North Carolina, Pitt Co.

Hope this helps

Jim

ncjkd856

Yeah i got med 8....Sometimes (rarely) i hear them on 857.93750 with a tgid of 24592...So are you talking about these freqs 856.93750 857.93750 858.93750 859.93750 860.93750 ?...I have had those freqs in for a long time, and i havent heard this TGID 300-0, i dont think im doing something right..I have never seen a tgid in that format. It isnt a digital thing is it? Sorry for all the questions lol, im a little confused.

blueline_308

Maybe I am doing something wrong...BUT, the only way that I can get PCMH TRS to track correctly is to set it up as a MOT Type 1 with a fleetmap of Preset 2 (on my 996). If not, the TGID's are all over the place, the 5 digit ones like you said, without any rhyme or reason to them. As a Mot 1 system, they make more sense and the same conversation stays with the same TGID. I have found 300-1 to be thier Police, 200-x series to be what sounds like housekeeping, etc. YMMV though, but this is what works for me.

ncjkd856

Oh..Im really new to scanning. How would i do what you did? I have a pro 97. When i look under the pcmh trs it says it is a Motorola Type II Smartnet...I only hear it on occasions, did i do something wrong lol..I put the freqs in and changed it to MOT.

blueline_308

I know nothing about the pro 97 or any other RS radio, except the old pro2006. I know the DB lists it as a type 2, but type 1 works for me, and its been in service awhile, so it may indeed be a type 1. I guess that somewhere in your pro97 programming it asks you what type of system...choose type 1 from there and choose 4 for the five slots ( i dont remember what they are called ). See if that makes any sense. :)

Sorry I cant help any more than that, but you may wanna ask on the RS scanner forum about programming a MOT type 1 system.

Jim

ncjkd856

Okay Ill try that lol...So the way you have it you can hear it all the time? The way i have it rarely works...But i also hear hospital security and the buses. I have to program a fleet map, i have no idea how to do that. It also says something about a size code which i dont know either lol..But thanks anyway

Last edited:

scnnr

ncjkd856 said:
Okay Ill try that lol...So the way you have it you can hear it all the time? The way i have it rarely works...But i also hear hospital security and the buses. I have to program a fleet map, i have no idea how to do that. It also says something about a size code which i dont know either lol..But thanks anyway
If you really want to try out the type 1 system for that Pitt county system on your pro 97 this is what you need to do.

While scanning the bank that pitt county system is programmed in
press pgm +trunk key

next press the Function F + 8 button, it will take you into the size code settings

now all you need to do is press 2 then enter and repeat doing that pressing 2 and enter for all 7 blocks, that sets that bank up for size code 4 as suggested by blueline 308

Then just hit the scan button. Make sure that you are in open mode while scanning that bank.
Randy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.