Pittsburgh Fire Talk Around

Status
Not open for further replies.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
Firefighters on scene today mentioned a Talkaround channel. Would this just be either Fire 1 or Fire 2 on simplex mode, or do they have separate channels for Talkaround?

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
I can speak for my agency and MOST fire departments nationwide that "Talk Around" or "Firegorund" is indeed simplex on Firefighter radios and Duplex on Officer radios. Hope that helps.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Firefighters on scene today mentioned a Talkaround channel. Would this just be either Fire 1 or Fire 2 on simplex mode, or do they have separate channels for Talkaround?
It is. they have both channels programmed in t/a mode.

RES27CUE

Premium Subscriber
Most departments all around the country have a secondary self licensed local simplex or repeater channel that is used for inner department activity aside from county or city systems, Most of the time not monitored by the dispatcher or main system to help with overload main priority channels for non emergency traffic within a single department.

RES27CUE

Premium Subscriber
I know agencies in that area do as so stated in my last comment as i'm involved in systems in and around that area. You have the city system and the surrounding companies communications is why i stated what i did

Status
Not open for further replies.