Pittsburgh Ops and Admin have gone DIGITAL Encrypted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binger511

Feed Provider
Sounds like you might have caught a WV SIRN channel coming through.
Aw, That was most likely it then. Reception was sketchy and I am located on the southern/western part of the county so that would explain it. I caught a bit of it on video earlier. Only problem I see is that SIRN is Phase 2 and I was receiving on a phase 1 transceiver (TK-5310G).

Curious, from this far away, with transmit inhibited, would it be possible for it to somehow affiliate?

Last edited:

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Maybe on a mobile to sands springs site. most the talk groups are phase one hence you decode it.

BM82557

Aw, That was most likely it then. Reception was sketchy and I am located on the southern/western part of the county so that would explain it. I caught a bit of it on video earlier. Only problem I see is that SIRN is Phase 2 and I was receiving on a phase 1 transceiver (TK-5310G).

Curious, from this far away, with transmit inhibited, would it be possible for it to somehow affiliate?

453.8500 is one of the voice freqs for the Morgantown SIRN site, almost all SIRN sites are Phase 1 with only a couple having transitioned to Phase 2.

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
Maybe on a mobile to sands springs site. most the talk groups are phase one hence you decode it.
That's how I have to monitor the system up here in Northumberland county on my NX5700 since NAS is not possible with those radios and I'm not on the system yet.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
I was in the city today and got 3 different analog emissions off of Admin (453.950)
PL67.0 (FCC License ID Morse code)
PL71.9 (Sounded like digital data bits, but came up as a PL)
PL192.8 (very poor reception, but clear analog voice)

I was getting some hits on PGH Ops, encrypted of course. Most likely Heinz field detail units (As a Steeler game was going on)

Status
Not open for further replies.