Pittsburgh (Surrounding Area) DMR Repeaters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4APR

I have checked the usual sites for any records on DMR repeaters in and around Pittsburgh. I haven't found anything. Google search turned up nothing. Does anyone know of any DMR going on around there? I'm heading up there to visit family at the end of the month.

Thanks!

KB3KBR

(ಠ_ಠ) (◣_◢) (。◕‿◕。)
Feed Provider
there is a p25 repeater downtown, how far around is surrounding areas? We (our club W3ZIC) has 2 yaesu system fusion repeaters up in Venango county, one with WIRES-X capability. The Butler club also has a system fusion up. As far straight DMR there are none that i know of. Maybe give Repeater book a look.

Voyager

Nothing DMR yet. There are people with sites and frequencies who want to put repeaters on, and there are people with repeaters, but no luck on getting anything done yet. There is an active effort to get something on the air.

BTW, if anyone knows of a good price on a DMR repeater that has IPSC, send me a PM. ("good" would be high 3-figures to low 4-figures)

Disclaimer: I'm assuming you are talking about ham repeaters - there is lots of commercial DMR activity.

bpendleton

Any news on this thread? I'm a new ham (KC4BAP) in the area, and I picked DMR despite there being no DMR repeaters in Pittsburgh yet. Any suggestions for someone I can talk with to help push something along, or take over the baton from?

RodStrong

Get a hotspot and you can get into DMR even if there are no repeaters in your area. Good luck.

radio259

I have 2 Kenwood/Icom Nexedge systems on the ham band. 443.600 RAN10 and 440.600 RAN 10. Working on DMR as soon as time permits. Running both Nexedge systems at 6.25khz. Work great!

druhe

Premium Subscriber
I have 2 Kenwood/Icom Nexedge systems on the ham band. 443.600 RAN10 and 440.600 RAN 10. Working on DMR as soon as time permits. Running both Nexedge systems at 6.25khz. Work great!

Just curious is there much activity on the Nexedge systems ?

radio259

443.600 at times there are only 3-4 of us that have Nexedge. I did it more as experiment, but icom radios and some kenwood nx300's cheap to pick up on flea bay. And 6.25 kHz actually does cover really well. Was never impressed with audio quality of DMR, but since people want it, may do one late spring. Most likely 440.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Cough I know where there some repeaters that could be placed into service for DMR

druhe

Premium Subscriber
New DMR Repeater is on the air. Located on the Laurel Ridge near the Cambria County Indiana County Line.
CC1
TS 1 TG 2 Cambria / Blair Cluster...
TS 2 TG 3142 Pa Statewide
TS 2 TG 31422 WPA
Request coverage reports sent KE3UC@arrl.net

Ham —

Status
Not open for further replies.