Pittsylvania County VHF question

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCHLLM

Can anyone shed some light on the VHF fire paging frequencies in Pittsy? Looking at the VHF licenses in Pittsylvania, I notice that the emergency services pagers seem to be on 155.7750 and 156.1350. The database shows 118.8 as the CTCSS frequency for both. Doesn't seem to be working for me, and a search did little to remedy the lack of knowledge situation here.

I notice the receive busy light flashing, but I have heard nothing on 156.135, maybe because I haven't bothered to disable the PL, but when I did bother to disable the receive PL on 155.7750 on my mobile radio, there's the narrowband analog dispatch modulation loud and clear 45 miles away in Guilford County, NC. However, there's also digital modulation at intervals, too. I presume the digital modulation is P25, which I could probably determine by simply reprogramming for mixed mode receive operation with digital carrier squelch on the digital side, but I like to hear the skinny from someone who knows the scheme at hand.

So, what's the scoop with the 155.7750 and 156.1350 paging freqs in Pittsy? Inquiring minds need to know.

Last edited:

djewel6

Can anyone shed some light on the VHF fire paging frequencies in Pittsy? Looking at the VHF licenses in Pittsylvania, I notice that the emergency services pagers seem to be on 155.7750 and 156.1350. The database shows 118.8 as the CTCSS frequency for both. Doesn't seem to be working for me, and a search did little to remedy the lack of knowledge situation here.

I notice the receive busy light flashing, but I have heard nothing on 156.135, maybe because I haven't bothered to disable the PL, but when I did bother to disable the receive PL on 155.7750 on my mobile radio, there's the narrowband analog dispatch modulation loud and clear 45 miles away in Guilford County, NC. However, there's also digital modulation at intervals, too. I presume the digital modulation is P25, which I could probably determine by simply reprogramming for mixed mode receive operation with digital carrier squelch on the digital side, but I like to hear the skinny from someone who knows the scheme at hand.

So, what's the scoop with the 155.7750 and 156.1350 paging freqs in Pittsy? Inquiring minds need to know.

As far as I know from sources Im still connected to there (I ran with Co 35 back in the late 90s and still talk to some folks as I plan to move back hopefully in late 2016 early 2017 and start running again at least EMS) 156.135 is still supposed to be the active pager dispatch channel at this time due to the new trunking system obviously not supporting paging to a county who has only volunteers outside of Sq 61 with their small paid EMS operation..

Status
Not open for further replies.