Pittsylvania P2 and BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TecEnduro9

Premium Subscriber
A few of us from Roanoke took a trip down VA 40 to Chatham Saturday and parked at the old train station to observe how these radios functioned with Phase 2 and I have to say it did an excellent job on the simulcast network. The audio was very clear and it did not drop any conversations. These were all of the active talkgroups while we were there:
201 PCFD Dispatch
203 PCFD TAC 3
204 PCFD TAC 4
210 PCFD Gretna EMS
217 PCFD Gretna FD
218 PCFD Ringgold FD
221 PCFD Renan FD
223 PCFD Riceville-Java FD-EMS
225 PCFD Hurt FD
228 PCFD Blairs FD
231 PCFD Broswell FD-EMS
232 PCFD Cascade FD
234 PCFD Riverbend FD

101 PCSO (Sheriff) Dispatch

The last conversation we heard was from the Hurt FD all the way at the Glade Hill post office on Rt 40.

The radios all had the latest Firmware version and used the stock rubber duckie antenna

djewel6

A few of us from Roanoke took a trip down VA 40 to Chatham Saturday and parked at the old train station to observe how these radios functioned with Phase 2 and I have to say it did an excellent job on the simulcast network. The audio was very clear and it did not drop any conversations. These were all of the active talkgroups while we were there:
201 PCFD Dispatch
203 PCFD TAC 3
204 PCFD TAC 4
210 PCFD Gretna EMS
217 PCFD Gretna FD
218 PCFD Ringgold FD
221 PCFD Renan FD
223 PCFD Riceville-Java FD-EMS
225 PCFD Hurt FD
228 PCFD Blairs FD
231 PCFD Broswell FD-EMS
232 PCFD Cascade FD
234 PCFD Riverbend FD

101 PCSO (Sheriff) Dispatch

The last conversation we heard was from the Hurt FD all the way at the Glade Hill post office on Rt 40.

The radios all had the latest Firmware version and used the stock rubber duckie antenna

Good to hear. I posted about the new PittCo Trunked system about a month ago asking about receptiona nd such but not many people had posted. Anyway we can tag this posting onto it Admins??

TecEnduro9

Premium Subscriber
No, we did not happen to collect any of the radio IDs but they were quite long as in 5 or 6 digits on some of transmissions. One other interesting thing to note is they broadcasted what sounded like squelch tones on the TAC 1 ID but never followed it up with a verbal transmission from the dispatcher. Not sure if that noise was data being sent to MDCs.

djewel6

No, we did not happen to collect any of the radio IDs but they were quite long as in 5 or 6 digits on some of transmissions. One other interesting thing to note is they broadcasted what sounded like squelch tones on the TAC 1 ID but never followed it up with a verbal transmission from the dispatcher. Not sure if that noise was data being sent to MDCs.

Unless something has significantly changed I doubt any PittCo Fire EMS apparatus have MDTs or anything of the sort due to the price investment and the very tight budgets they operate on.

freqhopping

I'm almost all 6-digit RIDs right now. Just one 7-digit so far. Certainly not long. In northern VA and the DC area the RIDs are 7-digits on all the P25 systems with some short RIDs for some of the old radios still in use.

Gar45

Premium Subscriber
Freqhopping, Does the BCD436HP receive Loco and FX talk groups? I have the GRECOM psr800 and have had some issues with it, especially receiving LoCo Sheriffs Dept. Just trying to find out if it would be a good investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.