Pixel Loop RF PRO-IA

Status
Not open for further replies.

woody_46

I just picked up one dirt cheap because the power inverter was missing. I have a similar power inverter (same voltage) designed for satellite TV and was wondering if it would work. If not, if anybody knows where I could get a replacement inverter please let me know. I'm not sure if Pixel still supplies parts for these, thanks.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I don't want to sound rude but why not ask them first?

I would be hesitant to use an inverter designed for another app - in this case, satellite TV - because those things could very well be very dirty, RF wise. Not so much of a problem for the Ghz range, but on HF it could be disastrous - lots of noise and other junk

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Doing a little digging, I found out, much to my dismay, that Pixel sat has gone completely over to Safellite radio stuff.

However, I did find that DX Engineering is now reselling Pixel's line (including their loops and more), so that might be a better bet to find what you're looking for. Here's the website...

Pixel Technologies at DX Engineering

There's a 'Power Supplies' entry on that page - might be just the ticket for you. I'd call and ask first, but it's a pretty good guess...

Not surprising, really - the Sirius stuff is where the money is....Mike

Last edited:

MisterLongwire

Amateur radio operator/QC tech for radio mfr.
Banned
Pixel loop

I guess someone hasn't looked hard enough. Even though Pixel is under new mgmt they still make the loops. Look harder folks. Call them up-I guarantee they will bend over backwards to help you as their staff is very helpful.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Odd that it didn't come up under a Google search - thanks for the update, if a bit snarky....Mike

MisterLongwire

Amateur radio operator/QC tech for radio mfr.
Banned
If it sounded snarky....I apologize. I just wanted everyone to be aware they are still around making QUALITY products including their loops. There are few companies around nowadays that provide service anxiously. Thats from my personal experience. If I had to buy another HF loop...it would be from them. In a heartbeat....

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I've heard much the same - it helps when both the owners are hams, I think, but they do stand behind their products.

I don't think you'll have any trouble getting that Pro-1a up and running in short order, once all the cables and stuff are done...Mike

woody_46

Thanks to both of you. I did look at what I thought was their site but only saw satellite equipment too so I assumed they were no longer making the antennas. I had already emailed the link posted by Mr. Longwire about an hour ago. I have everything except the power injector box and power supply that connects to it. A peeved off wife threw it out. Fingers are crossed that the preamp is okay..It's a bit pricey.

Last edited:

woody_46

Okay guys I heard back from Dave at Pixel Antennas this morning (that was quick) and the power inserter is being shipped out to me today. The phone number posted in this thread was correct.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Re-sent woody, I don't really want to post too much information here as a police report was filed when all this went down, but if u got the antenna on highland, then yes it was mine

woody_46

PM is not working.. Yes, that's where I got it. Oh great... so now I have stolen goods or part of an investigation? I'll try to send you a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.