Pixel RF Pro-1A Loop Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

woebbers

I have had a Pixel RF Pro-1A antenna now for about 8 months....it has worked very well and no real complaints until recently I have noticed a problem. I amm getting an extreme amount of noise on the 11 thru 15 Mhz bands. I hooked up a long wire and the noise is not there. I moved the antenna around and looked for every possible noise source I could find but have found nothing. It seems if i grab the Aluminum ring it quiets down.

I have tried this on my Winradio 31DDc and various other rigs like a Kenwood R-5000 and a grundig satellit 800...anyone have any ideas?

Sal

SIGNALFINDER

Pixel swapout

Woebbers, the problem i had with the pixel rf-pro1a was that there is a small circuit board built into the base of the antenna that became covered with mold. Once that happens your signal degrades. Pixel replaced the antenna with their newer am-2 no charge! I have had the am-2 for about five months now so far so good! Good luck i,am sure they will hook you up.

woebbers

Woebbers, the problem i had with the pixel rf-pro1a was that there is a small circuit board built into the base of the antenna that became covered with mold. Once that happens your signal degrades. Pixel replaced the antenna with their newer am-2 no charge! I have had the am-2 for about five months now so far so good! Good luck i,am sure they will hook you up.

They offered to replace the loop for 200.00..I bought it april of last year...to be honest I was a bit disappointed in the customer service. the antenna has been under cover all its life. The antenna seems to be working ok now

Status
Not open for further replies.