pk 777 am lost and need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY_pk_777

whats up everyone im new to this forum and i just got in to ham radios and scanners but really dont know anything about them..i actually bought this puxing pk 777 off ebay and i thought that this radio was to tansmit and speek to people...if someone can help me im lost i hear my local police thats about it...does anyone know if theres a frequencies that i can just talk a bull **** with people from staten island ny ? or does anyone know how to program it and know the frequencies and transmit codes...if someone could help would be GREAT!!!

PS.I KNOW I MUST SOUND LIKE A TART LOL BUT JUST CONFUSED

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
im new to this forum and i just got in to ham radios and scanners but really dont know anything about them..

That radio can be used for business, public safety, and amateur radio! Do you have a license to transmit on any of those three?

i actually bought this puxing pk 777 off ebay and i thought that this radio was to tansmit and speek to people...

What was listed in the description on ebay? What did it say about programming?

does anyone know how to program it and know the frequencies and transmit codes...if someone could help would be GREAT!!!

If you have a programming cable, you could use their software located here. http://www.puxingradio.com/WarePicture/2010121658134885.rar I am assuming you did not get any paperwork with this radio. The manual should be here. Xiamen Puxing Electronics Science & Technology Co.,Ltd

But again, do you have any type of license to transmit on either business band, ham band or public safety band?

if someone can help me im lost i hear my local police thats about it...

I would not try to transmit on police band for you will definitely end up in some trouble..

does anyone know if theres a frequencies that i can just talk a bull **** with people from staten island ny ?

Any channel on citizens band. You dont need a license for citizens band..

w2xq

Mentor
At first glance this appears to be FCC type certified for the 150-174 MHz range. Look at the bottom of the page under Product Certification: Xiamen Puxing Electronics Science & Technology Co.,Ltd. I would suggest getting your money back and rethink what you want to do. Except for 27 MHz CB (also known as CRS) and FRS (Family Radio Service), you'll need a license for amateur radio (a test required), GMRS, and other radio services. I'd suggest you read through the RadioReference Wiki on this Web site as a first line of resources. HTH.

NY_pk_777

Px 777

yes everyone i do have my licences and all that had it fir a few months now,,im just getting in to the radio hobby...and just wish i knew what i was doing and how to work it ...i just ordered another one that has both mhz same radio but just with both...just waiting for it to come also ordered the programming cable...thanks guys for the reply back really appreciate it

D

DaveNF2G

You have a license but you don't know squat about radio? How did that happen?

azraphale

yes everyone i do have my licences and all that had it fir a few months now,,im just getting in to the radio hobby...and just wish i knew what i was doing and how to work it ...i just ordered another one that has both mhz same radio but just with both...just waiting for it to come also ordered the programming cable...thanks guys for the reply back really appreciate it

I'm having trouble making sense of what you are writing. ".i just ordered another one that has both mhz same radio but just with both"? What does that even mean?

And what "licenses" do you have? Please list them along with your FCC-issued callsign(s) and we can help you further.

Status
Not open for further replies.