PL-660

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinezi

Please, I have a question regarding the PL-660. First let me say that this is my second PL-660. I lost the first one because I forgot the wall charger connect during the night and in the morning the radio was completed died. Now the second one also died , in this case I am using the radio only with the charger without the batteries and for short time. Someone could tell me if have seen problems like this !!

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
Pinezi, the build quality of the Tecsun radios fluctuate. My first PL-660 will now not charge the batteries so I have to charge them on a separate charger. I bought a second PL-660 and it seems much better. Does your radio run on batteries at all?

Pinezi

N9JCQ, thank you for the reply. The radio is completed die. No light in the display, nothing. The red button POWER does not work. I try using only the batteries but without success. I am looking for the schematic in order to follow the power supply inside the boards.
Times ago I remember some comments on the internet about the 3.3 Volts voltage regulator burned inside. But I need at least the schematic !!

majoco

Stirrer
IMHO you shouldn't run any radio on the charger without the batteries installed. The charger puts out more (sometimes much more) voltage than the batteries alone to charge them - the batteries in effect become a voltage regulator. Some radios won't turn on with the charger connected and others turn off as soon as you connect the charger simply to protect the radio.

Pinezi

I found the problem with my PL-660. There is a 3.3 V voltage regulator (IC8) burned inside. I switch on the power supply using the normal wall charger and using a external adjusted power supply I have connected 3,3v in the output pin of the IC8 using a red wire welded at the board. Now it is working again. I do not have the specification of this original IC, but I found a similar from Texas. I bought some of then in the web, when its comes I will change the old one.

Attachments

• External 3,3 V.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • Working.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
  • IC8.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
Status
Not open for further replies.