PL/DPL Tone for Buchanan County Fire Departments

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerowner

I get a tone of 754 DPL. I can only pick up Dekalb Fire with it. I would like to know if anyone knows if each fire department has a diferent PL/DPL tone if that is possible or if they all operate on 754 DPL?

mjthomas59

Does your scanner have a "CT-Search" or "DCS Search" function? If it does you might try that. The other issue with having the PL tones in your scanner is tones (as far as I know) are all sent on CSQ so with the PL Tones programmed you won't hear the tones for fire/ems stuff.

If you are a scanner junky like I am, you learn to recognize the tones when they come out and can tell immediately if the dispatch is worth listening to or not.

Good luck

rabidmoose57

Not entirely sure these days......

Most of the rural first responders and fire units are now on our Apco25 system here in Buchanan county. I have'nt heard a page on the old system for a while now.

scannerowner

Well that kinda helps. Does anyone have the TGID's for the first responders and fire units? I know I heard a dispatcher paging out Dekalb EMS for something on the "North Repeater".

Thanks for all the help!

rabidmoose57

Once I got my head out........

Once I got my head out of my rear, I reallized why I hadn't heard anything on the old freqs. I had them locked out. Sorry. Then I remembered my old log book. 158.985 is the other old tower freq.,and the dpl's to that one are 503 ( Sugar Lake fd) and 532 which I believe is DeKalb but they could be backwards. Have a good one!

scannerowner

Just for everyone's info, I heard Buchanan County again last night on the VHF frequency and dpl tone I had earlier stated. I don't know if you have heard anything about it, but I got bits and pieces off the so called "North Repeater"!!

scannerowner

Test Page at 5:06 PM

I heard a test page on here, but I don't know exactly who it was!!! How often do they use the County TRS??

rabidmoose57

The county TRS is used extensively, most of the county VFD's are on it, but there are exceptions. The vhf is mostly an emergency back up.I found another freq, whilst digging around my records its 158.865 which used to be used for Stewartsville fire (?) it has a PL of 146.2 Have a good one!

scannerowner

Thanks rabidmoose57!! I do believe I heard a page for Faucett FD on the VHF and then I heard a little bit of talk on the TRS! I rarely hear much because I am about 30 miles away so I get bits and pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.