PL Tones help

Status
Not open for further replies.

cole_gerhardt

I Live in kansas and i am wondering if there is any way i can get the pl tone for my employers radios so i can use my fire dept hand held to talk at work to so i do not have to carry 2 radios the freq is 154.540 can anyone help.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Click on "database" on the top of the page, then your state, then county and they might have it listed, likely not.

Do you have a VHF radio for your fire dept stuff?

I won't get into the issues of why you "need" to carry a fire dept radio while doing your job, or the issues with using a personal radio at work which might be frowned upon or outright banned.

Anyway, good luck...

cole_gerhardt

yes i have a vhf ht 1250 i am a farmer for a living and a volly fire fighter i am able to leave work to go on fire calls my employer is glad to let me go i just wish i could put it al in 1 radio this site shows the fcc licence but not the pl

Grog

Banned
Are you able to program the 1250? Do you have a dealer that does it? I ask because if you are in a rural area (unless you work on a big city farm) then it is possible that the same people who work on your FD radio might also do the farms radios.

Or you can use a scanner or ham radio than has tone search abilities to find the PL. Maybe if you don;t have one, you know someone who does, or a ham radio operator who can help with that as I have a few ham radios that are seven years old and they have PL search abilities.

If it were me, I would ask to make sure the employer was ok with programming the info into a personal radio, but that might not be much of a problem. I would also like to have a spare battery for the 1250 just so I would have a fully charged battery in case of a call.

Grog

Banned
if he has a fcc license for the freqs...go to the fcc data base and see if hes listed and for the pl

The FCC database does not have a place for CTCSS/DCS tones as those are a local issue, usually coordinated by the area coordination group.

Grog

Banned
i have the software and the cable for the 1250

Ok, scratch the idea of the same dealer knowing the info for both :D Any chance of asking the dealer where they bought the radios from? They might not tell you what they are using anyway, but they might.

cole_gerhardt

ya i prolly can me and him kinda of had words when he found out i had the ht 1250 software i might just get a programming cable for the truck radios and read it out of one of our other radios

Status
Not open for further replies.