Pl600

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfflunki

My pl880 got fried so I've been doing the the mW thing with my ep and cc tcf. But wanted a simple sw radio with ssb . so I got a pl600 on a deal. And it doesent seem to get any mW. 40m is noise choppy.are these normal issues or is there something wrong. FM is amazing but that's not what I bought a ssb radio for.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Boombox

Receiving no MW is a bad sign.

SW conditions have been poor lately most nights I've checked, so noise on 40 meters would be probably "normal" until conditions get better.

Most Tecsuns should work well on SW and MW. Even a mediocre Tecsun (or Tecsun-built) radio should pull in regional MW stations.

Boombox

Another thing to keep in mind is that although Tecsuns and Tecsun built radios have excellent performance for the money, their build quality is sometimes a bit questionable. I have a Tecsun built Grundig that works fine but the stereo headphone jack is going flakey after only a year of partial use.

From now on I'm sticking solely to Sangean. :)

Boombox

A slight correction to my previous post: actually, the "faulty headphone jack" on my Grundig G2 was the headphone itself, as the same problem (a channel cutting out) occurred on two other (Sangean) radios.

Woops.

My favorite Sony headphones... now in need of repair. It will be fun soldering the tiny wires.

Still, your Tecsun should pull in local MW stations and some regionals, even if it has a small loopstick antenna. My G2 has a 50-60mm antenna, and it pulls in regionals well. For DX, it needs an external loop, however -- at least in my location.

hfflunki

As usual thanks for the help boombox I can't afford a sangean and I also came to that conclusion.after my 880 charging cell died so I bought a Ccrane ep tcf and off brand hack rf RTL SDR that I just order d a sma antanna for and fittings to combine both ports

Boombox

As usual thanks for the help boombox I can't afford a sangean and I also came to that conclusion.after my 880 charging cell died so I bought a Ccrane ep tcf and off brand hack rf RTL SDR that I just order d a sma antanna for and fittings to combine both ports

If you're interested in MW and want a cheaper Sangean that apparently works well, the PR-D6 is around $30 and got great reviews by Radio Jay Allen. AM-FM radio with good reception and actual tone controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.