Place to put repeater?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NECW4

I have a UHF repeater licensed in the business band and have it on my 100 ft tower in new haven. It does a pretty good job but I'm looking for something a little better. Anyone know any places in the new haven area i can put my repeater? I already talked to the company that manages the tower on top of west rock whitch is a possibility... Anyone else have any places i can get a hold of? Thanks

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Clear Channel and Lin Media both own towers on Madmare Mtn. in Hamden.
East Rock has a small communications facility too, where WEDY-TV is.
If you know the Lat and Long of the site, you can go to FCCInfo. and enter in the ASR search fields (3/4 of the way down) to find out who a registered tower belongs to.

quantar21

NECW4: I think you called me last Monday....There are many placees to locate a UHF repeater in the New Haven area...however there is a considerable cost to go on a commercial tower or building. First and foremost your FCC station license has to be recoordinated for the new site. May have to change power or frequency to relocate. It would be more cost effective to rent airtime on one of our repeaters. The sites listed are great sites but costly. Range $450+up. East Rock is for the city of NH only and no commercial radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.