Placentia Fire Dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulNDaOC

Does anyone out there happen to know what talk groups ID's they have been assigned?

They are going 10/8 on July 1st and should already be ready to go. The PD will be dispatching them and they will have a CAD to CAD connection with the rest of the county.

They will be running one engine at current OCFA Station 35 and a quint at Station 34 with Lynch providing paramedic service and from what I have heard, but not read EMergency Ambulance will still have transports. Strange.

They just approved an auto aid deal with Fullerton, but not Anaheim or Brea as of a week ago, and OCFA refuses to play nice.

PaulNDaOC

Since all of OC is still encrypted right now could be hard to find out.
I'm hoping since there is supposed to be a shift away from encryption on fire channels that they leave this one open when it is set up. I can wish?

PaulNDaOC

My bets are that the old LaHabra Fire talkgroups will be assigned to Placentia....

Adding new talkgroups would require reprogramming the entire fleet of fire radios across the board, and, well, it seems they’re not in a hurry to do that. ;)
Your logic and analysis makes complete sense.

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
Your logic and analysis makes complete sense.

There is no way Placentia Fire will go in the clear. They will just use existing radios and be straight across the board like the rest of the fire department radios countywide. Anything in our favor right now is not happening unfortunately.

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have current frequencies for Lynch Ambulance? I found them listed in the DB on an LTR system, but there's been zero traffic over the last couple of weeks.

monitor142

They are using 2H (old Garden Grove Tac) as of this time.

My bets are that the old LaHabra Fire talkgroups will be assigned to Placentia....

Adding new talkgroups would require reprogramming the entire fleet of fire radios across the board, and, well, it seems they’re not in a hurry to do that. ;)

seligman

Does anyone know how the Lynch medics are being dispatched?

Also, on a related topic, what changes did OCFA make in Yorba Linda? I know T34 became T32 but there appears to be a Medic 10 now. I don't remember that one previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.