Placentia Fire Dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
Most likely Lynch Medics were provided either a mobile or portable OC county radio and might be dispatched thru fire dispatch.

If not, they might have gone to DMR somewhere in the business spectrum band.

PaulNDaOC

Does anyone know how the Lynch medics are being dispatched?

Also, on a related topic, what changes did OCFA make in Yorba Linda? I know T34 became T32 but there appears to be a Medic 10 now. I don't remember that one previously.
Medic 10 is new on a three month trial to see what help it might be in keeping response times down. The theory is the engine will be freed up as soon as patient is on the way to the hospital keeping the first in engines available more.

R32 will become T10 at some point as soon as a suitable site is found for a new station.

I've heard OCFA may have caved at least for fires and has an agreement with Placentia now as Placentia has been sent into YL several times on structure fires.

Lynch is housed at each station but has their own dispatch and will receive calls that way.

MEDIC135

Premium Subscriber
If Lynch is housed at each station, wouldn’t they just be dispatched through the station?
Seems counterproductive to have them in-house but not be dispatched through the station

seligman

I've heard OCFA may have caved at least for fires and has an agreement with Placentia now as Placentia has been sent into YL several times on structure fires.

Seems like OCFA would be inviting a lawsuit by refusing the help of Placentia.

Back to Lynch - what happens when a third medic unit is needed? Do they call Lynch for a third, or a neighboring agency?

PaulNDaOC

Seems like OCFA would be inviting a lawsuit by refusing the help of Placentia.

Back to Lynch - what happens when a third medic unit is needed? Do they call Lynch for a third, or a neighboring agency?
There is no law requiring Auto-aid. It was discussed at length in the past year at OCFA.
For a third medic it was discussed that Lynch has it's main quarters just outside the city and they staff ALS private transports that could be called in.
They now have Auto-aid with Fullerton so they likely would also be able to request Engine 5 which is ALS and not far away.
One thing struck me as a little strange. Emergency Ambulance is still the transport while Lynch is medics only. So you see will have two different ambulance companies in scene

PaulNDaOC

If Lynch is housed at each station, wouldn’t they just be dispatched through the station?
Seems counterproductive to have them in-house but not be dispatched through the station
Nobody is picking up a phone and calling Lynch. The Fire CAD is tied in to the CAD at Lynch so they get it as soon as the call is created. It's conceivable that if the Fire Dispatcher is taking the 911 call Lynch can dispatch it quicker since they do not have a caller to deal with too. Also keep in mind Placentia Fire will be responding to only the more serious medical calls not all of them. Many calls will see just ambulances diapatched.

Randyk4661

Premium Subscriber
For those still interested,
I found some Lynch talkgroups on these two systems.
I have only heard traffic of the Santiago TG and nothing that resembles a fire dept. response.

I have not heard anything on this TG. Maybe because it's Sunday?

It's a start.
Randy

PaulNDaOC

Monitoring Emergency ambulance for calls since they are the exclusive transport may tip off a good time to look at active Lynch talkgroups for related radio traffic.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have current frequencies for Lynch Ambulance? I found them listed in the DB on an LTR system, but there's been zero traffic over the last couple of weeks.

I think they might be on the Fisher Teamtalk DMR system. TG 55000. Still trying to confirm, but last week, I heard someone give a report over the air of a patient with pregnancy complications and were requesting clearance to enter the ARMC ER.

LA-OC_SCANNER

I think they might be on the Fisher Teamtalk DMR system. TG 55000. Still trying to confirm, but last week, I heard someone give a report over the air of a patient with pregnancy complications and were requesting clearance to enter the ARMC ER.

Since Lynch acts as a medic unit under PFD at their stations, wouldn't most of their activity likely take place on Placentia's encrypted OC CCCS talk group? Also, I know Emergency Ambulance does the transports for Placentia still and they have access to the OC CCCS where there are hospital contact talk groups. Also,I cannot confirm if this is or isn't in Placentia, but I have heard Lynch activity on National Science and Technology Network (Sierra Peak 1) Trunking System, Sierra Peak, California - Scanner Frequencies, ID 0-18-203.

Status
Not open for further replies.