Placer Co VHF P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacscan

5:10 AM-another announcement from the dispatcher about the switchover, and she also said that any units remaining on the "legacy" channel need to switch to the new P25 system "Dispatch 1".

RIP PCSO monitoring :(

kma371

QRT
since this system is now online, we can start to nail down these talkgroups. Everytime I've tried to monitor it, the talkgroups always change from what was already in the database. Today was the same.

New talkgroups:

Radio IDs:
100003 (probably a dispatch console)

I've created a wiki, though not a very good one as im terrible at wiki editing. feel free to add anything.
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Placer_Countywide_Interoperable_Radio_Network_(CIRN))

Last edited:

bigRoN18

Premium Subscriber
Unknown channels on PC CIRN

So far, I've seen a few talkgroups that I have not identified yet. There are two that have had quite a few conversations but are encrypted, these are talkgroups 103 and 601. I've also seen unknown traffic on 13 and 1101. I am using Unitrunker v2 and under "Action", I see that normal traffic is listed as "Grant" but I saw two other talkgroups thats "Action" is listed as "Continue"... I'm not sure what that means but they are talkgroups 2011 and 3284.

sacscan

Don't delete the old conventional VHF frequency from your scanners just yet! I've been hearing normal PCSO traffic on there for the past two nights. Anybody know what's up?

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Don't delete the old conventional VHF frequency from your scanners just yet! I've been hearing normal PCSO traffic on there for the past two nights. Anybody know what's up?
They're simulcasting the digital talkgroup over to the analog frequency, likely for outside agencies who probably don't have access to the P25 system yet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Laymon

Picked up a new talkgroup on CIRN. Talkgroup 1206 I believe it Placer County Water Authority. They were talking about a water flow alarm.

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
Placer P25 update

Hello all,

Just a quick update for the Placer system:

PCSO is simulcasting their P25 Dispatch audio on the old PCSO VHF Dispatch West channel, and will be continuing to do so until approximately the end of 2018...or as I was told by someone who knows, "for one year from the P25 go-live date". This is being done to allow allied agencies a window to get their P25 ducks in a row.

All PCSO Eastside (Tahoe) radio traffic is remaining on the old VHF system for the forseeable future...the Eastside system is not online, and I have not heard even a hint of a go-live date. I'm not even sure all the infrastructure is in place yet. The emphasis was on getting the Westside live first.

Current users I hear regularly are PCSO, both on Dispatch 1 and Dispatch 2 (shown in the database as West Admin now), Placer County Park rangers, and Placer County Animal Control. I've been told other subscribers are on the system, but they provide very little radio traffic, so I haven't heard them.

On a related note, PCSO Dispatch 2 is actually named "Dispatch 2", but it is the analog to the old VHF Admin West, and both names are used interchangeably by users, so you will hear it called both names.

If I learn more, I'll share...

kma371

QRT
Ok I want to know is PCSO on the P25 System Encrypted? I know on Analog you can hear them still

Doesn't appear so. Listening to Site 5, TG 2001 (Sheriff West Dispatch) in the clear at the moment.

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
Ok I want to know is PCSO on the P25 System Encrypted? I know on Analog you can hear them still

The current plan (as someone else mentioned further up in this thread) is that primary LE dispatch will remain clear, with the caveat that they can encrypt it at any time if needed. Other special-use, tactical, and covert channels may be encrypted.

gvranchosbill

Hello all,

Just a quick update for the Placer system:

PCSO is simulcasting their P25 Dispatch audio on the old PCSO VHF Dispatch West channel, and will be continuing to do so until approximately the end of 2018...or as I was told by someone who knows, "for one year from the P25 go-live date". This is being done to allow allied agencies a window to get their P25 ducks in a row.

All PCSO Eastside (Tahoe) radio traffic is remaining on the old VHF system for the forseeable future...the Eastside system is not online, and I have not heard even a hint of a go-live date. I'm not even sure all the infrastructure is in place yet. The emphasis was on getting the Westside live first.

Current users I hear regularly are PCSO, both on Dispatch 1 and Dispatch 2 (shown in the database as West Admin now), Placer County Park rangers, and Placer County Animal Control. I've been told other subscribers are on the system, but they provide very little radio traffic, so I haven't heard them.

On a related note, PCSO Dispatch 2 is actually named "Dispatch 2", but it is the analog to the old VHF Admin West, and both names are used interchangeably by users, so you will hear it called both names.

If I learn more, I'll share...

I can confirm active analog use on PCSO Tahoe-161.5050 MHz/136.5 Hz Genoa Pk repeater and Mt Pluto repeater.
Also direct 158.9100 MHz/123.0 Hz Genoa Pk and 158.9100 MHz/136.5 Hz Mt Pluto
PCSO Information/East 160.6650 MHz/136.5 Hz this analog simplex channel was used offten but as last couple of + years its been silent.
PCSO Tactical East 159.0900 MHz/123.0 Hz this anal simplex channel also has been silent the last couple of + years.
Quite a few years back there was control data on Placer P25 VHF but its been off air for a long time and im line of site from Genoa Pk about 10 miles

Last edited:

officer_415

Database Admin

Thanks David! I did some pretty extensive recon up there in August, and couldn't find any sites covering the eastern county so I was wondering about that.

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
Has anyone noticed any change in the Placer P25 sites in the last week or two? I suddenly cannot receive any traffic on the Central or West Zones. If I'm in range of the Signal Peak zone, I receive traffic (PCSO) on that, but nothing from the other two. I can't find anything wrong in my programming, so I'm at a loss. I've been out of state for the last two weeks, and I came back to this...

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
Has anyone noticed any change in the Placer P25 sites in the last week or two? I suddenly cannot receive any traffic on the Central or West Zones. If I'm in range of the Signal Peak zone, I receive traffic (PCSO) on that, but nothing from the other two. I can't find anything wrong in my programming, so I'm at a loss. I've been out of state for the last two weeks, and I came back to this...

I still don't know why it wasn't working, but I loaded an older build, and it's working again. Never did find the setting that was messed up...

Status
Not open for further replies.