placer county p-25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Yesterday I started picking up what sounds like shuttle buses going between Thunder Valley and the Lincoln/Rocklin area on TG 2250.

I am thinking they may be on the P25 radios as I don't seem to get the audio distortion/clipped transmissions (from a audio patch) from them like I do on the fire and PD talkgroups.

DanMan916

Yesterday I started picking up what sounds like shuttle buses going between Thunder Valley and the Lincoln/Rocklin area on TG 2250.

I am thinking they may be on the P25 radios as I don't seem to get the audio distortion/clipped transmissions (from a audio patch) from them like I do on the fire and PD talkgroups.

ive been listening to TG 2250 to for the past couple hours sounds like it may be placer county transit. (i could be rong though)

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
the page for this should be updated ..i guess i could submit it..

Placer County Public Safety (Project 25) Trunking System, Auburn, California - Scanner Frequencies

with the new TGIDs etc and 161.85 isnt listed in that page

the freqs are on the license - looks like the web page needs to be updated

custom table and all of that is for rebanded systems

this is a p25 system

i got it going FULL BALL SIGNAL in sac 5 out 5 bars put it in as a p25 system

if you import it from free scan it imports it as a mot type II/P25 and that wasnt working for me
i changed it to P25 standard (digital xt) and started working right away

i just added in the extra freq(s) that wasnt updated in the web page

i just submitted the updates

Last edited:

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I was out in the Roseville/Rocklin area last week and listening to Rocklin PD on their old analog frequency. They sounded much clearer than I have ever heard them. It makes me wonder if they are switching to digital behind the scenes, and then outputting an analog signal at their repeater. Anyone else notice this or have some knowledge of what is going on?

stevebz1

BCD996XT P25 wont lock on system

Has anyone had issues with the 996XT not locking on the control channel of a VHF P25 system? The unit works great on Motorola Type II P25 systems ( Beale AFB & Davis, CA PD) but won't lock onto Placer Counties new P25 system or any other non Motorola P25 system. It tries to lock on & I heard some intermittent conversations then the signal meter flashes & it looses the control channel. I used the same data file from a freinds 396XT & his works great on the same system. I also checked for any interference with my spectrum analyzer & found none. Any help would be appreciated. Steve

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
i helped him find his problem ......

he got a 396xt in addition to the 996 and it was doing the same thing

so obv it wasnt the radios

so i swept it with a spectrum analyzer (i looked like dr venkman from ghostbusters with my whip antenna hooked up to the com120 ) and found local wideband noise from a linksys router and a few switcher wall warts
they were making just enough noise to cause data corruption which was causing the intermittent non control channel lock etc

also what pointed me to the local noise was the fact that when put into use in the mobile - the mobile and the handheld decoded just fine

I moved the wallwarts and router into another room and it works just fine now

even the handheld works fine without an outside antenna

It is particularly critical because the data channel on this P25 system is digital

on most systems you would never notice this noise because the control channel(s) are analog

cousinkix1953

I was out in the Roseville/Rocklin area last week and listening to Rocklin PD on their old analog frequency. They sounded much clearer than I have ever heard them. It makes me wonder if they are switching to digital behind the scenes, and then outputting an analog signal at their repeater. Anyone else notice this or have some knowledge of what is going on?
Maybe they should stick with new analog radios? Local governments are wasting taxpayers' $$$ on expensive over priced crap. P-25 radios sound like a bunch of magpies on CB channels 36-40. Good luck getting the whole group on the same frequency with a "locked" TX clarifier.

Narrow-banding wouldn't be an issue either, if the FCC stopped issuing licenses, which are never used. Their records are full of listings, which have been inactive for years. Some agencies have never used their later UHF listings and don't even have radios capable of using these new frequencies either. These could be reassigned to other agencies who actually might use them.

On the other hand the BATFE is a different story. You have one year to activate a new FFL or it will expire automatically...

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
i helped him find his problem ......

he got a 396xt in addition to the 996 and it was doing the same thing

so obv it wasnt the radios

so i swept it with a spectrum analyzer (i looked like dr venkman from ghostbusters with my whip antenna hooked up to the com120 ) and found local wideband noise from a linksys router and a few switcher wall warts
they were making just enough noise to cause data corruption which was causing the intermittent non control channel lock etc

<...>

Good catch!

ssd

A friend at bearcomm said pcso is going to go full des xl enc. When they are on the new p25 system full-time and in 2-4 years they will go p2 p25. So hope it works good for them

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
A friend at bearcomm said pcso is going to go full des xl enc.
Two problems with this sentence. :lol: First, you listened to someone who works for BearComm and second, DES-XL even though it does work with P25 is rarely used to encrypt it. It's generally AES or DES-OFB. Considering the new-ness and naivete of the purchaser I'd guess if anything it would be AES.

sacscan

Has anyone heard any activity on this system lately? I just got a new BCD396XT and tried programming the system with and without the band plan listed in the database. It locks on to the control channel every time, but there is no activity. I have the system in ID search mode.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I have the system going all the time on one of my 396T's and it has been a while since I have heard any traffic.

ssd

So u don't here the rkpd any more? And pc fd?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.