Placer County Sheriff David beat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laymon

Sounds like they merge the the David beat with Alpha. Now they have a Alpha 1 and Alpha 2. I noticed it for three days now

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
That's correct. They realigned the David and Alpha beats, eliminating "David" and making it all "Alpha" with two sub-beats.

jnvc57

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone confirm what PCSO uses for their channel "2" in past few months I've heard them go to that and haven't picked it up. I think
I have every freq they use...from this database. Thnx

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Channel 2 (Dispatch 2) is on the CIRN system (and is in the database). They typically use it for longer incidents, or incidents they don't want going over the main channel. If you can get Channel 1 (Dispatch 1/West) on the CIRN system, you can get Channel 2.

If you're listening to the analog VHF simulcast of Channel 1 (Dispatch 1/West), there's no analog VHF simulcast of the CIRN Dispatch 2 channel, as far as I know.

jnvc57

Premium Subscriber
Channel 2 (Dispatch 2) is on the CIRN system (and is in the database). They typically use it for longer incidents, or incidents they don't want going over the main channel. If you can get Channel 1 (Dispatch 1/West) on the CIRN system, you can get Channel 2.

If you're listening to the analog VHF simulcast of Channel 1 (Dispatch 1/West), there's no analog VHF simulcast of the CIRN Dispatch 2 channel, as far as I know.
Reply:
Ok there in lies my problem I am sure....I do not have a new digital scanner yet, I still listen to channel 1 via analog. What is "CIRN" ? Missed that new term somewhere. Thanks

PS/ Never mind found the definition: "
"Placer Countywide Interoperable Radio Network (CIRN) "

Status
Not open for further replies.