Placer County System...

Status
Not open for further replies.

officer_415

Database Admin
Looks like they meant Bus Route 10 (Auburn to Light Rail), it's been corrected. While we're talking about this system, is it still only the sites in the DB? There's no coverage in the east county / Tahoe Basin yet?

kg6nlw

Railroad & Ham Radio Extrodinare
Premium Subscriber
As far as I can tell when I've travelled that way I see nothing for Eastern Placer County...

Regards,

-Frank C.

officer_415

Database Admin
As far as I can tell when I've travelled that way I see nothing for Eastern Placer County...

Thanks. If I recall correctly, there was an east site some years ago, but they dismantled it and used the equipment to fill in some gaps in the western coverage.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
There was a system status update and funding proposal presented to the Board of Supervisors in mid-2019 for "Acquisition of Digital Radio Infrastructure" for the "Tahoe Basin Zone".

The agenda items mention the temporary deployment of the Tahoe Basin Zone sites to the existing towers in Granite Bay, Foresthill and PCWA, but that the planned expansion into the Tahoe Basin Zone is still needed and the need to acquire new equipment to replace what was used in the "Western Zone" and "I-80 Corridor Zone".

https://www.placer.ca.gov/DocumentCenter/View/36954/11A?bidId=
https://www.placer.ca.gov/DocumentCenter/View/38244/09A

mcjones2013

Premium Subscriber
Here's an agenda item from Placer County on Lincoln's inclusion into the system.

Also of note, it appears the system name has changed to Placer Interoperable Radio Communications System (PIRCS), with multiple references to it in the attached document (submitted via an archive link):

Wayback Machine

officer_415

Database Admin
It looks like talkgroups 1202, 1412, and 1913 were temporary test patches. They haven't been seen since February, April, and March respectively.

mcjones2013

Premium Subscriber
I found a Site 3 broadcasting on my way to Reno. I've submitted to the database. I'm guessing this is either the anticipated "Tahoe Basin Zone", or another standalone repeater.

I found Site 3 while on the eastern slope of I-80. I don't know if this is the part of the anticipated "Tahoe Basin Cell", or another stand-alone site. I ran the site in DSDPlus and got the following.

Site: 1-3
NAC: 2D3
Neighbors: 1-5
Callsign: WPVQ330

152.05250 CC
152.06750 scc
152.12570 scc

Last edited:

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
Placer County Tahoe area is still on VHF, and still no estimated time for buildout of the TRS.

mcjones2013

Premium Subscriber
I found Site 3 while scanning the VHF band while sitting in Truckee. It shows Site 5 as a neighbor. It might be another intellirepeater, maybe at the Donner Pass Radio Site.

officer_415

Database Admin
It would be nice if we could figure out the sites based on the FCC license data, but the system is oddly licensed as paging frequencies :/

WPVQ329 through WPVQ338
WQDC430
WQDC431

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
It would be nice if we could figure out the sites based on the FCC license data, but the system is oddly licensed as paging frequencies :/

WPVQ329 through WPVQ338
WQDC430
WQDC431
MT. ROSE
RENO, NV WASHOE County

MT. PLUTO, 7 KM N
TAHOE CITY, CA PLACER County

288 NORTHSHORE BLVD
KINGS BEACH, CA PLACER County

Of note, these licenses are for analog 11K2F3E emissions but the frequencies are currently in use in P25 mode on site 1.

Also from public documents,

"The first phase of the Tahoe Basin Zone will consist of installing the digital radio equipment at the three upper sites and optimizing their configuration. The three upper sites identified to support the expansion of the Digital Radio Network into the Tahoe Basin Zone are located at Cabin Creek, Martis Peak, and Mt. Pluto."

"The first phase of the Tahoe Basin Zone will consist of installing the digital radio equipment at the three upper sites and optimizing their configuration. Once the equipment is installed and operational at the upper sites, the Radio Services Group will retest coverage to identify the extent of coverage gaps in the Tahoe Basin. The test data collected will be used to develop a new set of predictive maps, which will confirm the optimal number and location(s) of the lower sites. Phase II will consist of developing a comprehensive project, plan for the design, procurement, build and deployment of the lower sites. The three upper sites identified to support the expansion of the Digital Radio Network into the Tahoe Basin Zone are located at Cabin Creek, Martis Peak, and Mt. Pluto. On May 22, 2018, your Board approved the
development of a new site at Cabin Creek located adjacent to the Tahoe Area Rapid Transit (TART) facility. The site construction is nearly complete, and the site is ready for the installation and configuration of digital radio equipment. On October 23, 2018, your Board approved the negotiation and execution of a lease agreement with ComSites West, LLC for the Martis Peak site. The lease agreement has since been executed and the site is now ready for the installation and configuration of digital radio equipment. The County maintains an existing legacy radio tower site at Mt. Pluto. The land at the Mt. Pluto site is owned by North Star Resorts, and the radio tower is owned by Crown Castle. The Radio Services Group plans to add the new digital radio equipment to the existing radio tower at Mt Pluto. North Star Resorts has expressed an interest in relocating the Mt. 'Pluto radio tower within its property lines. The resort has discussed a public/private partnership between Placer County and Crown Castle as a possible option to achieve the relocation."

ea1321

Any update for when the Placer County Agencies will be going encrypted? I was just up there and PCSO was on both digital and analog.

KG7PBS

Any update for when the Placer County Agencies will be going encrypted? I was just up there and PCSO was on both digital and analog.
Okay now we don’t say the E word lol. From the way it looks the system has Encrypted Talkgroups for the sheriffs department. So I don’t plan on them going E on dispatch. Most of the Encrypted TGs seem to be Sheriff SWAT and a few other people that want E. So just enjoy the system as is

ea1321

Ahh, okay. My bad. Also, is it just me or does anyone else hear the open air at the end of units keying up or dispatching speaking to the units.

mcjones2013

Premium Subscriber
From some notes:

1 - County Dispatch (Local Government to PCSO Dispatch)
11 - Countywide 1
12 - Countywide 2
13 - Countywide 3
14 - Countywide 4
15 - Countywide 5
901 - OES

Status
Not open for further replies.