Plane Crash in Electric Tower in Gaithersburg

screenersam

I hate motrbro
Multiple units remain on the scene of this small airplane that has crashed into power lines and is entangled approximately 100 off the ground with two occupants trapped inside. Crews are working on safely removing them from the airplane. Please avoid the area around Rothbury Drive & Goshen Road in Gaithersburg. THere is also a significant power outage in the area.zzzzzzz.jpg

saw on Facebook

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know how they got the occupants out of there?
Ropes and stokes. The TRT / High Angle got the first patient in the basket at around 0025 Monday morning, using a crane. Second patient in the basket at about 0036, both patients on the ground at 0044. Note that there were two chest pain incidents among the bystanders during the incident - too much drama apparently. Note 2 is the TRT has their own working channel and is encrypted - I'm assuming it's on the TRS but *could* be a discrete frequency.

Last edited:

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
Ya they now have lowered the aircraft from the tower and I am running Unitrunker now. Nothing new is popping up so if they are using a discrete frequency it could be mabe one of the NIFOG ones or one of the P25 conventional channels that they have. I am seeing 7A3 ops 3 pop up and 7A4INC10 also pop up. On the PD Side of the house D2 and D3 are patched together.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
Also somehow I need to get a couple of features installed in my harris xg100M as it is a bare bones unit right now with nothing turned on hardly. Also I bit the bullet and brought the CH100 color control head and the dealer I went thru will let me pay it off in monthly installments. I got it for $900 as a front mounted unit so it will allow me to program a Ton of mission plans into it as well.
How have you been

maus92

Premium Subscriber
They cleared out most of the emergency apparatus out early in the morning, and left the command post on scene which I assume is still there. There is also a Verizon cell site on the gantry that was hit, and their backup generator had to be secured as part of the bonding / grounding operation before the rescue could be undertaken.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I have wonder if he's IFR current or even IFR rated at all. Unfortunately this is far from the first time I've seen stuff like this and other sketchy practices among general aviation

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Stupid pilot tricks - I imagine he was trying to visually find the runway by getting under the overcast layer at approx. 200 AGL at the time. Classic accident scenario.