Plane Crash in Richmond?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuttleje

Anyone hear anything about an airplane crash near Hull St in Richmond? I just got a call from my daughter and she advised that an airplane went down in the area of Hull St. I can't pick up Richmond from Williamsburg.

MOTORHEAD3902

From what I can gather, the plane has struck a house, which caught fire. Cannot hear Chesterfield PD all that well, but operation is on North OPs 2 for those that can hear it. Closest cross street to the incident is Annette(?) and Speaks Dr. Two patients being transported.

EDIT : DuMay Dr and Tanya Terrace is closest int.

tuttleje

Thanks....she was at Chili's (about one mile away from the incident) on Hull St when all this happened. She had several customers come into the restaurant and tell her about the incident.

tuttleje

To see a the house (before the fire) as if you were standing in front of it

click on this link and go to street view (click on "Street View" box):

http://maps.google.com/maps?sourcei...um=1&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=image

Move the yellow figure to just south Dumaine on Woodsong and click on it.

You can actually see the house (it's on the East side of the street) in a 360 degree view.

Edit: changed link to correct location (it was about 200 yds off)

Last edited:

tuttleje

Local news reports:

"Plane Crash in Chesterfield
CBS 6 Jon Burkett is reporting a small plane has crashed into a house in Chesterfield near Hull Street and Gentio Road. Its about 8 miles Northwest of the County airport. The condition of the pilot and if anyone was inside the Woodsong Drive home is still trying to be determined. We have crews on scene and will bring you the latest as it comes available."

"Plane crashes into home in Midlothian
Police say a plane has run into a home off of Hull St. road in the Midlothian area. The plane crash landed into a home near Woodsong Drive and Lynport Court around 10:30 this morning. "

trainman111

I just returned from the scene. As of right now, Chesterfield Engine 24 and Truck 9 are still on scene along with Rehab 13 (Phillips VFD [Station 13] Auxiliary Unit). VSP Bureau of Criminal Investigation Unit is also on scene along with the Chesterfield PD/FD Mobile Command Center. There are dozens of County PD units on scene also. Aircraft debris is scattered all throughout the neighborhood. As an FYI, the address of the residence is 3117 Woodsong Drive. PD has Woodsong Drive closed between Mistyhollow Road and Dumaine Drive, however you can walk to Lynport Court, where Do Not Cross tape is stretched across the road. There is absolutely nothing left of the house and the tree in the front yard is scorched. There was no sign of the FAA or NTSB.

trainman111

When I went I was able to walk to the intersection that the house is at. You just can't cross the yellow tape, and the police made sure you didn't (a couple people tried).

Edit: To give a better description, if you rotate the Google map 180 degrees or so, you'll see the intersection I'm talking about. PD has it roped off just before the intersection, but you can still see the house. The Chesterfield CAD is still showing it as an "accident" at 3117 Woodsong Drive, On scene at 10:23 AM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.