Plane Crash South of Colorado Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

janandgwen

Plane crash confirmed on Turkey Creek Ranch. No details other than that the coroner has been requested. No known connection to Fort Carson fire at this time.

RodStrong

Some time prior to your post, I heard them calling on what I thought was Red for haz mat for a fuel spill on an aircraft "incident", not sure if related to this or not.

jleverin

Just heard about that in the middle of another report about a large wildfire that is burning up the town of Ordway nearby. They threw in the bit about the plane crash as well, apparently unknown number of people are dead. Right now the big issue is the fire, apparently two gates on Ft Carson are closed and the town of Ordway is being evacuated to nearby communities. The Turkey Creek reservation area is being evacuated as well, the wild winds from a coming spring storm are feeding the thing. Worst possible combination. I know they are probably HOPING for a snow storm right now....

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
El Paso County U/D: Tragic day indeed a third LODD has occured in Colorado today when the SEAT fighting the Ft Carson Fire crashed killing the pilot.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.