Planet Mars

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I took this picture 30 mints ago. Planet Mars only see the red dot in the sky!

ff-medic

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.
A little too much CA here, but a single unprocessed color frame:

Saturn is more striking to me, but mostly because the rings add something:

T!
Token ,

GREAT pictures

How far are you from Barstow?

I got to play in the Mohave Desert back in the late 80s. Shipped a bunch of equipment in by railhead to the National Training Center from Ft.Hood Texas. ( Desert Warfare Training & Actions against Opposing Forces).

The Mohave Desert has its setbacks.......but at times it does have its beauty.

FF - Medic !!!!

Token

Premium Subscriber
I like the Saturn picture. What did you use to get the picture?

The Saturn pic was done a long time ago, I am thinking 2000 or so. The equipment used was crude, but that was part of the fun of it. The telescope was a low end Celestron FirstScope, 114 mm Newtonian on the original EQ mount and wooden legs. I machined up an eyepiece mount and used a Canon F505V digital camera and eyepiece projection. At the time I had much more serious scopes and cameras, but wanted to do some simple stuff to show a buddy that it was easily possible.

T!

Token

Premium Subscriber
Token ,

GREAT pictures

How far are you from Barstow?

I got to play in the Mohave Desert back in the late 80s. Shipped a bunch of equipment in by railhead to the National Training Center from Ft.Hood Texas. ( Desert Warfare Training & Actions against Opposing Forces).

The Mohave Desert has its setbacks.......but at times it does have its beauty.

FF - Medic !!!!
Thanks.

It depends on what time of the day it is as to how far I am from Barstow, or NTC. As I type this I am less I can see the hills around NTC, but my home is a bit further away.

Not sure what setbacks you mean, as near as I can tell there are none. Few people to bother a person, never get much snow or ice. Clear skies most days and around 345 days of sunshine a year. 2 hours to great skiing, 2 and a half hours to the beach, 10 minutes to historical sites, and the list goes on. Balmy summer days, daytime highs never much over 115 deg F... or below 105 F, frequent breezes, sometimes even under 40 MPH.

T!

Status
Not open for further replies.