Planning a trip to Pensacola and Panama City

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ4TDM

Feed Provider
About to go on a trip and will be taking alone my BCD99xt. Anyone know of anything good I cant put into the scanner to listen to while I'm down there? Thanks

codblackops2

Premium Subscriber
Well with escambia county going full digtial pretty much any5hing there... Alot of ppl have said military air is very active in nw florida

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
The Bay County 800 system is up to date. I live in Panama City. The BCSO/PCBPD/PCPD/BCFR/PCBFD Main channels are busy. But PCFD isn't busy on the radio. Also the AirForce system is busy and its P25.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Forgot to add the EMS is busy also. You can hear PCFD/BCFD on vhf you will dispatch and tones for the stations. For EMS you will hear Dispatch on UHF with no tones.

shadcall

Since you are a amateur radio user you do meet one of the exemptions for having a scanner in your car. Just make sure you have your license in case you get stopped. Enjoy your time here and happy scanning.

KJ4TDM

Feed Provider
Since you are a amateur radio user you do meet one of the exemptions for having a scanner in your car. Just make sure you have your license in case you get stopped. Enjoy your time here and happy scanning.

I don't get it? Is there a law I need to know about in Florida?

shadcall

I don't get it? Is there a law I need to know about in Florida?

In Florida it is against the law to have a scanner in your car unless you meet one of the exemptions listed in the law. Here is a link to the law. However it will not apply to you since you are an amateur radio operator. See section (3) in the law. Just make sure you have a copy of your license in the event you get stopped.

State of Florida Mobile Scanner Law

codblackops2

Premium Subscriber
Yes there is a law. Do they enforce it? It just depends on the cop and who you talk to down here. I have talked to one of our county deputys that is a Sgt. for the SO and he said they dont care as long as your doing nothing illlegal. The way he looks at it theres more important things going on then citing someone for having a scanner. Its like alot of people have said. If you have one just turn it off if you get pulled over. It just makes life so much easier

KJ4TDM

Feed Provider
OK, I see. Well my jeeps has 3 antennas hard mounted to the roof so I'm going to be like magnetic. But I am license ham and have a firefighters tag from Alabama so maybe between those 2 things they will leave me alone. Thanks for all the info.

Which mil air frequency's do I need to program in?

codblackops2

Premium Subscriber
Dont feel so bad my jeep has 3 antennas on it. One for my ham radio, one for the scanner and one for my cb. I have yet to be pulled ( knock on wood ) I pass cops all the time and they just wave but also Ham operators are all over in the FWB, Destin area

Status
Not open for further replies.