• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Planning an HP-1 mount location

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmg1969

I purchased an HP-1 (still waiting for it) and am trying to decide the best location in my vehicle (2009 Tucson) to mount it. I currently have a BC125AT using a cup holder mount from The Mount Guys. I believe I could still use this and just turn the mount 90 degrees so it clamps the HP-1 on the top and bottom rather than the sides since the power and antenna come in the sides.

I am also looking at possibly installing a Panavise bracket which would be in roughly the location of the yellow box I put in the photo. I'm not sure, however, if it is large enough to handle the HP-1's mounting bracket. I would also have to make sure that my antenna lead is long enough. Has anyone used any of the Panavise brackets to mount their HP-1? If so, how do you like it?

Lastly, I thought about the location under the climate control knobs to mount the Homepatrol bracket. There is a recessed change holder under the climate control knobs which MAY allow the Homepatrol bracket to sit down into. I would mount the bracket to the face of the ashtray since I do not use it. The only problem with that is that i would likely lose access to my front cigarette lighter.

Attachments

• Tucson Dash.jpg
    Tucson Dash.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 482
  • Current Setup.jpg
    Current Setup.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 599
  • Possible Mount Location.jpg
    Possible Mount Location.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 553

dmg1969

Yes, I did see that, Larry. I'm not crazy about the idea of blocking one of the vents but will keep them in mind if I don't like either of the other possible mounting locations. I decided against mounting it to the right of the radio because it would probably be in my wife's way. Plus, it would require a healthy reach to hit any buttons. Using Uniden's dimensions, I made a template and I think it will work out well under the climate controls. I will have to check when I actually get the scanner to make sure I can see it well. I can even move it over to the left so I don't lose the cigarette lighter because I use it to charge my phone.

I ordered the mobile mount bracket from Uniden today along with a right angle SMA male to BNC female adapter from The K1CRA Radio Store. I found them in an old RR post and picked it up for a song...$2.95 plus like $2 for shipping and he sent a shipping notice like an hour later. So I wanted to give him a shout out for great service.

Last edited:

dmg1969

OK. I will have to check that out too. Thanks. I was considering an option similar to that...using a RAM or similar pedestal mount with the base screwed into the bottom of the cupholder. Just have to make sure there is nothing important underneath that I would drill into.

Status
Not open for further replies.