planning on moving to Murfreesboro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostpirate

I am moving to Murfreesboro and I was visiting the town one day when I heard on my scanner on the police band talking that sounded like Donald Duck; I think its some kind of code used by the police there. What can I do to unscramble this dialect to where I can understand what they're saying?

bg_nashville

ghostpirate said:
I am moving to Murfreesboro and I was visiting the town one day when I heard on my scanner on the police band talking that sounded like Donald Duck; I think its some kind of code used by the police there. What can I do to unscramble this dialect to where I can understand what they're saying?

Why do you need to monitor encrypted communications?

n4yek

tbharper said:
n4yek have you ever done this if so would you be willing to build one for me
It's not that I wouldn't be willing to help you build one, BUT it is illegal to un-scramble encrypted communications of law enforcement personnel. I can get into a bunch of trouble if I built it and sold it for the purpose for which you are asking from me. That is why I provide a schematic for a person to build one for themselves. It's not illegal to have a voice inversion unit, just what you do with it can be illegal.
For this reason, I would have to say I can't help you with this request.
Deepest regrets....
your friend, Danny

Here is a voice inversion you can buy from Ramsey that would be easy to put together and look much better than what I could build for you:
http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd=action&key=SS70C

Last edited:

CAPTLPOL1

Scrambled transmissions are not encyrpted. It may not be illeagal to monitor them. I believe you may have heard Bedford County, Trousdale County, or Marshall County. All of which use some voice inversion. Murfreesboro PD started to use it a few years ago, but stopped unless they started that back up again. Brentwood PD used it a few years ago too, but quit doing that. You can defeat it with items bought at a toy store.

n4yek

CAPTLPOL1 said:
Scrambled transmissions are not encyrpted. It may not be illeagal to monitor them......
Maybe so, but I am not willing to spend thousands of dollars to try and show our point of view in a court of law. I don't have that kind of money and for $40 he can purchase it from Ramsey with a nice little box to contain the circuit inside.

CAPTLPOL1

Hence my remark of may. I just am not convinced that it is and don't want to say that it is not without valid case law. The rules are vague at best. I am curious to whom the poster heard that was scrambled. I know about Metro Hartsville/Trousdale County, Marshall County, and Bedford County use it on occasion. I was just curious to know which one it may have been if any of the above. Having said all that it is very weak, but most folks just don't know how weak it is.

EMS911

Premium Subscriber
Rutherford County Sheriff Detectives use encryption; most likely what you heard. Other departments in county are not currently encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.