Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Anyone know which actual FCC licenses and frequencies are in conflict?

Someone might submit to Digg for MORE traffic ;-)
Lindsay,
It looks like the overlap is on a frequency originally licensed to Duncanville, WQHI705, as opposed to the ones listed under the TRS entry for SWRCC, showing only the Desoto & Cedar Hill sites. This license was reassigned to SWRCC, the combined dispatch entity, on June 10th, 2008. The frequency in dispute appears to be 453.3125 on this license, and also assigned to Plano on WPIH725.

Coppell's conflict, involving water storage tank level monitoring, looks to be with frequency 453.3625, licensed to SWRCC's Desoto site (WQHI703) and Coppell (WPLG617). The DMNews article indicates Coppell is simply going to switch frequencies & upgrade their equipment for about $11k. But that's for three water towers as opposed to hundreds of irrigation control units.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
SWRCC causing interference

I'm not the best at deciphering the FCC data they put on their pages, but from what I can tell Plano got their original license on 4/9/2001 on 453.3125 for their low power sprinklers. On 7/6/2005 they asked for and received a power increase to 5 watts so they could have more sprinklers.

Now SWRCC got their license for a new radio system on 6/10/2008 with a mobile restriction of 32km. Now Duncanville may have had that frequency in the past, but they were not interfering with Plano's sprinklers. It's the new SWRCC MPT-1327 system that is interfering with Plano's sprinklers (probably when they use 453.3125 as a control channel) and I would take bets that the FCC will make SWRCC either stop using that frequency or not use it for a control channel frequency. They are the ones afterall causing the interference so why should Plano have to spend money to fix a problem they didn't create? It will be interesting to see how this saga plays out, but I'll bet another frequency is quickly assigned or SWRCC has one less frequency they are able to use for their new system.

Mark

n5ims

I'm not the best at deciphering the FCC data they put on their pages, but from what I can tell Plano got their original license on 4/9/2001 on 453.3125 for their low power sprinklers. On 7/6/2005 they asked for and received a power increase to 5 watts so they could have more sprinklers.

Actually with a bit more digging you can see that the Plano license was renewed on 09/21/2000 and according to the "buildout dates" it was "First Used" on 09/11/1995 so it is a pretty old system.

Status
Not open for further replies.