Plano TRS interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

bownasterm

Has anyone been listening to the Plano TRS lately? I have been hearing unusual cross talk/ interference onto some of their talk groups...

Have heard so far:

Plano MCP talking on Plano Police C channel
Streets department talking on Plano Police D channel
PISD busses talking on PPD dispatch 2 channel....

This is very unusual, im using a Bearcat 246 T and I have not noticed this on my Pro 2055 however I dont listen to the police on that scanner, only fire.

bownasterm

Hmmm thats interesting, I scan those as well and no interference I think it might be isolated to the actual Plano talk groups...

Firetxmi

Everything seems to be working fine as of right now (1030 on 3/7/08).

I haven't noticed anything like that in the last couple of days either (or ever for that matter).

Ranger45

Plano TRS Interference

I listen to Plano all of the time on my Pro-97 Hand Held and never noticed any thing as of interference.

Garland, Tx.

SCPD

QRT
Swapped my 164 for a 97 and HAVE NOT heard this interference. I wonder if your radio is too close to a Site Controller?

bownasterm

What is a site controller?

I dont remember this ever occurring before on my PRO 97 before it broke...it only seems to happen on my BC 246

Firetxmi

I never had any problems with being too close with my Pro-96 or my Pro-95. It could very well be that though.

SCPD

QRT
I have been hear on Plano and Allen on the 97 some Interference when I drive down 75. But I blame it on the Electric lines which follow you to Bethany. I have to go Invest in Fry's employees Stock options tomorrow (need a new router) so with the 97 in-car on Plano I'll try a few things maybe drive both East and West sides of the city with various Antennas on the radio and see whats up. Maybe we all have Pro-97's that are bad.

SCPD

QRT
Agree'd - Its Plano!

Its like a wind noise kind of sound, horrible in South plano but very bad close to any of the towers. going North on 5 into Northeast plano/Allen it gets better. Back to the west (Coit & Plano Pkwy.) its not as bad as on the east side. I used 3 antennas, two inside the vehicle and one on the roof, all had the same results. I got the best and quietest signal with NO antenna.

McKinney and Richardson were fine, Dallas & Garland were fine aswell. Collin Co. heard the same noise on McDonald from 5 to University. then it cleared up. On 75 from Melissa to 121-South, then it cleared up.

with Plano, I entered the ATT and re-programmed the system, seems to be better. running a Maxrad 800MHz. Mobile antenna drilled on the roof. it almost has a front end over load sound and it seems to be isolated to Plano Talkgroups. as Allen and Murphy were ok.

Now, I only researched this with the Pro-97. here at the house, Collin, McKinney and Allen are fine on the Pro-433 and 2052. neither of the Uniden's will hear Plano from this location.

As for Cross talk or TG's over talking each other, never heard it with the system open and closed.

Who wants to double check all this? better hurry, Gasoline will be 3.50 by the weekend.

Last edited:

Firetxmi

I will concur that at the Plano Pkwy and Coit area, as well as Park and Coit area I am not getting anything like this on my Pro-96. That is using a roof mounted antenna and a stock duckie.

bownasterm

Ok i heard MCP talking again on the PPD K9 channel today while I was on 75....

Again I was using my Bear Cat 246 scanner

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
I was mobile in West Plano yesterday and noticed that the transmissions were real "scratchy" sounding. The signal strength was normal, it sounded like the unit transmitting was far off and not getting a full signal into the system. I go down there all the time and this is the first time I've noticed it.

I did not notice this when receiving the Frisco TGRP's even though they are on the same system.

SCPD

QRT
Then I'd bet Plano is in the process of Re-Banding, Also, isn't Plano putting up a new tower site?

bownasterm

MaxTracker said:
Then I'd bet Plano is in the process of Re-Banding, Also, isn't Plano putting up a new tower site?

I have no idea how would one find out this info?

Firetxmi

MaxTracker said:

If this is true then we will have a little work to do soon! :D

[Dusts off his frequency pinpointing hat]

SCPD

QRT
I thought someone said (from here) Plano was constructing a new tower, but that might have been confused with Denton Co. I know (from Sources) and from reading the Notes & Updates on the Plano TRS in the DB they are beginning to re-flash radio's for Astro Digital and the Whole system is "Supposed" to be digital by the middle of next year.

There is no sure fire way to find out if they are constructing a new antenna site, They surely are not going to tell you. But there are fella's here who would most definatly know. just keep an ear or eye out.

I could see if they have Changed the deviation to narrowband, the scratchy wind noise audio on scanners, When Grayson did this before going fully Digital they sounded God Awefull on a scanner too.

rescue1017

Yep Plano did put a new tower up it is over in the area of Custer and Ridgeview right about the Plano /Allen boarder looks like it has been up for a few weeks not sure if it is part of the reaband or not

Status
Not open for further replies.