Plano TX PD recieving issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyClyde

Feed Provider
Anyone in Collin county Texas having issues receiving Plano PD radio??? I am using both a BCD996p2 and a BCD325p2 and am hearing about a 1/4 of usual traffic and display shows frequent NFM mode.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
I'm setting in Frisco, and have been monitoring Plano on the SDR radios after the Collin County P25 Simulcast goes quiet from the days' testing. I don't know the normal volume, but I'm certainly seeing quiet periods on the system (the nice thing about the SDR is I can see all the channels light up, even if I'm only getting audio for 1 or 2). As I type this (22:20 CDT, Friday night) I'm only seeing 3 or 4 concurrent conversations max, and several are encrypted (Plano NCIC seems to be really active right now, but I don't see anything on the talkaround groups at the moment).

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
@TomOrtiz you might get better responses if you ask for this to be moved to the Texas forum. Just click on the report button (Buttom left corner of your post) and ask them to move it.

walsabrook

Premium Subscriber
I live in Allen,TX, the issue is the BCD325P2 and BCD996P2 doesn’t handle the multi site system Plano PD has very well. I solved the issue here by buying a small 800 MHz yagi and pointing it at one of the sites...

Status
Not open for further replies.