Playback audio has disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike6pmnews

Premium Subscriber
I am running a BCD996T on ProScan. When I playback recordings of scanner traffic, the audio sounds "echoey" or "tinny". So I opened up the audio tab and started "adjusting". My scanner is connected to my SoundMax sound card with a stereo cord, even though I only see the graphic display of audio on one channel. Among the several things I did was switched the "stereo" settings on the software audio tab to "mono".

Anyway, what has happened is that now I get no playback at all. I hear the actual live scanner traffic, and the display shows I am recording.. But when I hit playback, the slider just moves across the display with no audio coming up.

I checked. nothing is muted.. I even changed the settings back to Stereo. Still no playback, I figured that I did one stupid thing that I can't find.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I am running a BCD996T on ProScan. When I playback recordings of scanner traffic, the audio sounds "echoey" or "tinny". So I opened up the audio tab and started "adjusting". My scanner is connected to my SoundMax sound card with a stereo cord, even though I only see the graphic display of audio on one channel. Among the several things I did was switched the "stereo" settings on the software audio tab to "mono".

Anyway, what has happened is that now I get no playback at all. I hear the actual live scanner traffic, and the display shows I am recording.. But when I hit playback, the slider just moves across the display with no audio coming up.

I checked. nothing is muted.. I even changed the settings back to Stereo. Still no playback, I figured that I did one stupid thing that I can't find.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Go to the Audio Control - Recorder tab and see if the audio meter moves. Insure that the level control is at 100%. Change the Input Sound Device to see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.