Playback Recordings

Status
Not open for further replies.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Is there a software package that allows for playback of x36HP recordings on a Windows computer? I am interested an app that would show me all information that is shown on the screen during a playback from the scanner (System, Department, Talkgroup name, Talkgroup number, unit id, etc).

tylerwatt12

Premium Subscriber
the recordings are stored on the sd card, you can just mount mass storage mode, go into the drive and open each one.

tylerwatt12

Premium Subscriber
I don't have my scanner yet, but I'm curious about this feature also. What's the format of the recordings and do they contain meta-data that would appear in a player such as Winamp when played back?

Thanks!
-AZ

Yep

Attachments

• folder.jpg
    folder.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 368

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Is there a software package that allows for playback of x36HP recordings on a Windows computer? I am interested an app that would show me all information that is shown on the screen during a playback from the scanner (System, Department, Talkgroup name, Talkgroup number, unit id, etc).

Here is a Wave playback program made for the HP-1 so a couple of fields will have an "@" displayed until the author updates it for the x36HP radios.

The only deficiency I see is that you have to play each file individually and cannot have them play one after the other automatically.

Here it is:

HomePatrol Wav Player Page

pwscott

Premium Subscriber
Do we know that the author is in fact updating it for the BCDx36 radios? Looks like it would be a super program to use.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately, I have not read anywhere that he plans of doing that but I think the control codes for the x36HP radios will have to be released first by Uniden before it can be done. Uniden I believe has announced they plan on doing that fairly soon.

I have used it fairly frequently as it allows me to visualize the info I want and not tie up my scanner by playing the files back on it.

pwscott

Premium Subscriber
Works great on my HP-1 files I have saved. The Unit ID gets garbled, but most all the other data I want is displayed. Nice! Hope he/she updates it for the 436/536.

Status
Not open for further replies.