Player won't play

Status
Not open for further replies.

acre

Hi everyone,

I have the Broadcastify window displayed. It shows Online and the Play button is visible, however, when I push Play, the button doesn't change into the Pause button.

The only recent change to my computer is the addition of FreeCommnader XE - a free file explorer program that replaces the VERY terrible MS File Explorer bundled with Windows 10. Could this have something to do with my issue? Somehow, I doubt it. Opinions? Thanks.

acre

Hi everyone,

I have the Broadcastify window displayed. It shows Online and the Play button is visible, however, when I push Play, the button doesn't change into the Pause button.

The only recent change to my computer is the addition of FreeCommnader XE - a free file explorer program that replaces the VERY terrible MS File Explorer bundled with Windows 10. Could this have something to do with my issue? Somehow, I doubt it. Opinions? Thanks. Sorry for posting twice. Admin - perhaps you can delete my first post without the attachment.

I attached a pic.

Attachments

• Player image.png
    Player image.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,337

bb911

Have you tried any of the other players in the drop down menu on the previous page?

When I pick Windows Media Player, I get a pop up window (Windows 7) that allows me to chose another player of my own. I can use the VLC player that I installed on my laptop.

Last edited:

acre

Hi bb911. I went to the previous page and re-chose the HTML5 player and now it works! I think I was using it originally but something must have gone wrong. Seems to work now.

Many thanks :) !!

Res21cue

Feed Provider
I am having the same issue. Windows Media Player, VLC, Java all work but "Web Player" will not work no matter what browser I use

peewee007

Gary Hanson
Feed Provider
I am having the same issue. Windows Media Player, VLC, Java all work but "Web Player" will not work no matter what browser I use

Same here. It will *eventually* start playing after reloading the page a LOT of times..If I'm lucky. Did the web player get changed recently ? It used to load and play every time, the first time. Something weird I do notice is when I play using Media Player for a minute or so and then go back to the web site, it'll work..not sure if the web player isn't directing to the relay server properly or at all..Just somethin that started recently

Res21cue

Feed Provider
I found out my problem.

I had a long time ago bookmarked the RadioReference Page with the feed I listen to.

That was the problem.

I deleted that page and replaced it with the equilivemt from Broadcastify and all is well. “Webplayer” was replaced with HTML 5 Player and works perfect.

peewee007

Gary Hanson
Feed Provider
I found out my problem.

I had a long time ago bookmarked the RadioReference Page with the feed I listen to.

That was the problem.

I deleted that page and replaced it with the equilivemt from Broadcastify and all is well. “Webplayer” was replaced with HTML 5 Player and works perfect.

Ok..The page I use is bookmarked(for my own feed) and is using the HTML5 player. I've tried the flash player version using /webflash at the end of the page instead of just /web and it gives me the red X until reloading the page(with and without using the shift key) will finally start..it's weird

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
I agree. The website fails to play across multiple browsers and on multiple different computers and networks for me.

peewee007

Gary Hanson
Feed Provider
Weird thing..I can go to the Top Listeners feed on the main site which is usually Chicago and load the HTML5 player and play it for a few seconds(weird it works)...then go back to the feed I have trouble with(mine) and it starts to play..not sure if that'll help any with trackin down the problem or not

Kel

Same thing here,I do that also and then it will work,try it next day and nothing again until I do the same thing you did?

peewee007

Gary Hanson
Feed Provider
Whatever ya guys did made it work now..sofar each time I load the player with a web browser..it works..Thanks for looking into it..If it starts to not work again, I'll return to this thread

peewee007

Gary Hanson
Feed Provider
Hiya - The issue has returned again.. Same as before where I can load the feed/HTML5 player for the "Top Listeners" on the main page and then reload the page for my feed and it'll start streaming..just a heads-up

scansalot52

Several Feeds Acting Strangly

Some local feeds such as Marion Co IND show online and have listeners. My timer isn't moving. Trying to use the alternate by pressing the arrow above, etc. is not working.
Checking other feeds such as LA and Chicago and they are playing fine.
Is something odd going on with my computer (used 3 different browsers) or is there something else happening? Marion County was not the only one checked and acting that way.

Chronic

Try going to Broadcastify and trying them from there , this has been going on for awhile on certain feeds

owenhoover

Feed Provider
I think it has to do with security of the Broadcastify page. If I go directly to a player page (from my shortcut) it says 'not secure' on my browser. If I go thru the main broadcastify page then it says secure on the main page, but still not secure on the player page, but still plays.

ltbadxampl

Feed Provider
Same issue using Chrome. Went to advanced settings and shut off "protect you and your device from dangerous sites" switch. Seems to work fine now

Status
Not open for further replies.