Playing out old audio from the buffer rather than live audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed that after I hibernate my laptop by closing the lid, when I start up again and click on the open Firefox window and then the right-pointing triangle to re-start the live audio, I get the same audio that I heard previously, evidently being played from a buffer rather than live audio. I have to close that window (actually a separate instance of Firefox), go back to the RadioReference audio Live Audio Feeds page, and reselect the live audio feed to get live audio. That's with Web Player as the selected player. I haven't tried other players. Is that normal behavior?

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Yes that is common with the webplayer. After you refresh it should be ok. If you have to much trouble then try out some of the separate players, they should work ok.

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber
It also happens with Windows Media Player.
Very annoying to hear the same audio over and over.
How can a force the buffer to flush?

Tweekerbob

Just close the window. Bookmark the feed(s) you want to listen to and refresh those pages, e.g. open the web player again for those feeds. There is not any work-around for this issue; aside from doing as Kendrik suggested and using an external MP3 player, besides WMP. Winamp works well and can be set to auto re-connect . RealPlayer is good for its "TIVO"-like abilities.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.