Playing with online feeds again

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
Well, I got another computer up and running and I'm about to add a 3rd for streaming.

I was using my BC785D to stream audio and text tags to the web but I wanted something the listeners can control. I came across some remote control PCR1000 software so I installed it on my server. There is a client application you put on your computer to remotely control my PCR1000. If you would like to tinker with it, drop me a PM and I'll send you a link to the client software to control it.

I'm using Icecast to stream the Simplecast encoded MP3 audio stream. It's playable in any MP3 player and I can send text tags through to display on Winamp as well.
It's online from 7 am to 9 pm. You can listen by going to http://216.231.177.16:8000/ and clicking the "listen" link. You will need a winamp or windows media player to listen.

I'll be adding a 2nd & 3rd server in the next few days. I'll have my BC785D back up and streaming Mil Air with tags very soon. I've just not had much time to get all of these little projects done but the PCR1000 is up and tunable. It receives HF all the way to 1.3 GHz so there's plenty to listen in.

RevGary

Pastor and Chaplain Responder
REALLY nasty 60 Hz hum along with the aircraft audio... got a bad audio cable someplace?

Other than that, the WINAMP MP3 link is cool... Thanks. >

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
Yeah, I'm going to ground the server chassis to see if that will help. I've tried several cables which work fine on my other server. I use the equalizer in winamp to filter the hum so I don't hear it but yes, it's gotta get fixed!

RevGary

Pastor and Chaplain Responder
Not really a problem, Jason - I had the subwoofer turned on and it was killing the flowering plants in the next room... as well as loosening the aluminum siding... LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.