Pro-668: Playsets and Playlists

Status
Not open for further replies.

shajen

I have one county loaded on my PRO-668. And that is in playset 150. My question is how do I put another county or zip code in another playset? Is there any you tube videos that show how to program the scanner for different playsets and playlists? The manual is somewhat confusing to me.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
IMO: You would be better using vscanner for that. You could have a different folder for each county or place you travel to.

Keep playlist for sorting ex: Police, fire etc. So playlist one could be police for that vscanner county, playlist 2 could be fire etc.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I simply import what I want and select the playlist I want it in at time of import. Or if you're entering it manually select the playlist you want it in when you create the object or system.

rwier

I have one county loaded on my PRO-668. And that is in playset 150. My question is how do I put another county or zip code in another playset? ....

A PlaySET is a collection of PlayLISTS. You can not put states, counties, cities, zip codes, talk groups, frequencies, sites, etc., in PlaySETs, ONLY PlayLISTs. PlayLists are made up of states, counties, cities, zip codes, talk groups, frequencies, sites, etc. (The Program calls these Objects).

I have 52 PlayLISTs (the 800 calls them ScanLISTs) in PlaySET (the 800 calls them ScanSETs) #1, the DEFAULT PlaySET.

When I import Objects, I uncheck all selections for PlayLISTs. This results in ALL Objects being imported to the Unassigned Objects PlayLIST. Then I distribute (assign) each Object in the Unassigned Objects PlayLIST to one, or more, PlayLISTs of my choosing (which I have previously renamed as desired).

So, I scan by PlayLIST selection and try to forget about PlaySETs.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Big question do you have the software downloaded and are you using it to program your scanner? It sounds like you're not.
Playset 150 is up where the preloaded sets are located which makes me wonder.

rwier

Big question do you have the software downloaded and are you using it to program your scanner? It sounds like you're not.
Playset 150 is up where the preloaded sets are located which makes me wonder.

If you are asking me, yes, I use EZScan Software. I wouldn't attempt to program any modern scanner using some other system than software.

When you import "objects" using EZScan (or whatever your scanner calls it) you are actually selecting that PlayLIST #150 (Take a good look at it, it is NOT a PlaySET) for import. If you remove all check marks or filled selection boxes before your import, the objects will be imported into the Unassigned Objects PlayLIST. It is located directly above PlayLIST #1 in the box at the upper left of the page presented by the bottom tab PlayLISTs.

I went back through the process, and I suspect the difference in your experience and mine is in the very early choice before the Import. Under "Select Import Type", I select Standard. I bet you are selecting a different Import Type. If that is the case, I apologize for my remarks.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
If you are asking me, yes, I use EZScan Software. I wouldn't attempt to program any modern scanner using some other system than software.

When you import "objects" using EZScan (or whatever your scanner calls it) you are actually selecting that PlayLIST #150 (Take a good look at it, it is NOT a PlaySET) for import. If you remove all check marks or filled selection boxes before your import, the objects will be imported into the Unassigned Objects PlayLIST. It is located directly above PlayLIST #1 in the box at the upper left of the page presented by the bottom tab PlayLISTs.

I went back through the process, and I suspect the difference in your experience and mine is in the very early choice before the Import. Under "Select Import Type", I select Standard. I bet you are selecting a different Import Type. If that is the case, I apologize for my remarks.

First of all I was commenting on the original poster not you.

I select "Preferred" for import type and my 668 software doesn't have a "Standard" option. If it imports to 150 then you have that playlist set to default. My default playlist is set to two.

Further when you import it takes you to a screen that allows you to select where the imported objects will go playlist wise. You check or uncheck the lists you want to affiliate the objects to.

As you can see 150 is located way down the list. As you can see from the pics I have Playlist 2 selected as default where all imports will go unless I select another.

Attachments

• 668 Playlist 1.jpg
    668 Playlist 1.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 212
  • 668 Playlist 2.jpg
    668 Playlist 2.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 255
  • Import 1.jpg
    Import 1.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 230
Status
Not open for further replies.