Please allow me to introduce myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

ke4ah

My name is Alan. I am located up here in NW Alabama a few miles south of Haleyville in Marion County. I am an ex-FAA Air Traffic Controller and now a retired Police Officer. I have been a ham since 1983. I bought a BCD 996XT in April and last week purchased a BCD536HP. I look forward to getting to know everyone around our great State.

Alan Hensley - KE4AH

Avery93

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the forum, neighbor! I'm located in Hackleburg; it's good to see more people from the area on here.

There's a wealth of knowledge here on everything from basic scanner programming to commercial site installations, and the Alabama forum is active enough to keep you informed on happenings throughout the state.

How's that 536HP working on area P25 systems? Specifically, have you tried monitoring Franklin County's Fire Net with it? They have an oddball system with Midland infrastructure, and my 996XT refuses to decode it well at all. GRE scanners decode it without issue, and I'm hoping the new x36HP scanners improved P25 performance will help on this system.

doublescan

Hello Alan, welcome, I'm near Oneonta, will be nice to have an experienced ATC on the forum.
I listen to the commercial aircraft band 24-7, always trying to get that last db out of my airband antennas, and the local police and fire channels are always on here too.

bama9999

Welcome to the forum, neighbor! I'm located in Hackleburg; it's good to see more people from the area on here.

There's a wealth of knowledge here on everything from basic scanner programming to commercial site installations, and the Alabama forum is active enough to keep you informed on happenings throughout the state.

How's that 536HP working on area P25 systems? Specifically, have you tried monitoring Franklin County's Fire Net with it? They have an oddball system with Midland infrastructure, and my 996XT refuses to decode it well at all. GRE scanners decode it without issue, and I'm hoping the new x36HP scanners improved P25 performance will help on this system.

Hello to Alan from over here across the state line.

My 536 is working great on area P25, including Franklin county's fire net. The only issue I've encountered so far is that the audio tends to be a bit on the muffled/bass side on phase 2, but phase 1 sounds fantastic.

giessla

Hello and welcome. Located in Bluff Park near BHM. Not deep into listening here... mostly Hwood, Hoover, Vestavia and Jeff Co. Have PSR 500. Was once a Private Pilot but now do not listen to Air. Too far from Airport for decent reception.

WB4CS

Let me also extend a welcome to you Alan! I'm located in Huntsville (well, just outside to the East of town.) Been a ham since 1994, and have lived in the area for about 10 years now.

I don't do much scanning these days so I'm not much help there, but I do try to help out as best I can around this forum with amateur radio questions (including local amateur questions.)

See you around the forums!

ke4ah

Thanks very much for the warm welcome Guys. I really appreciate it. Avery, I am getting everything from Franklin County on my 536HP with no problems. Fayette and Lauderdale Counties is a different story. You are welcome to come visit me. I love actually near Natural Bridge off of US278 on County Highway 59. Drop me an email and set up a visit ( ke4ah1977 at gmail.com). There was a great band opening Guys the other night. I was getting all of Birmingham's trunking systems along with ATC fro ZME and ZTL (Memphis and Atlanta Centers). Brandon, I try to check into the 6 meter SSB net on 50.150 most nights. I would love to work you Sir. Bama9999, I am experiencing the same results.
Thanks again and 73 to all - Alan, KE4AH

dallascowboys

ALAN

Welcome to radio reference, i am here in dothan al. If you do not know by now radio reference is a great place to find any frequencies that you are looking for and if you can not find what you are looking for the nice people on here will have it or tell you where you can find what you are looking for. Again welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.