Please Help A Newbe

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbair

I have just got me a Uniden BCT8 Scanner and performed the firmware update. I am using ARC8 software to program the scanner. The problem I am having is trying to set up trunking for cache county. It has been rebanded and I dont understand how to set it up. It seems that I need to do special configuring in the trunking setup to handle UCAN. Can anyone please help me out?

Thanks

gregfab

Hey JBair! There are a few Cache Valleyians on this board, so you came to the right place. I use Radio Shack brand scanners, but one of the models I have was built by Uniden, packaged for Radio Shack.

For my scanner I use ARC 160, so I may have a bit of knowledge to share in setting up the programming portion.

Maybe another member of the board has some additional info on that version of ARC and rebanding in particular (I was lucky, I never had to reset the configuration to handle the reband), but please PM me and I'll reply to that with a way to phone contact and we can discuss it at least, if not meet and see if we can figure it out for you.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
same here - don;t know that sofware but have 2 others and one f us can help!

Wally

walld13

scanners

you can start by reading the manual and bychecking out the sticky thread on the forum web site there is lots information there on how to set up scanners for rebanding

Rolfman

Well I have to ask the obvious, Have you installed the firmware update that allows you to listen to a rebanded system?

If you have done this then it is just a matter of programming, which is not as hard as it seems. Have you searched this forum to take advantage of the information that is already been posted? Have you read this thread?

http://forums.radioreference.com/utah-radio-discussion-forum/136150-bct8-trunking.html

If not read it and then get back to me.

jbair

BCT8 Trunking

Well I have to ask the obvious, Have you installed the firmware update that allows you to listen to a rebanded system?

If you have done this then it is just a matter of programming, which is not as hard as it seems. Have you searched this forum to take advantage of the information that is already been posted? Have you read this thread?

http://forums.radioreference.com/utah-radio-discussion-forum/136150-bct8-trunking.html

If not read it and then get back to me.

/
Thanks for the help. I found this thread a day ago. It helped alot. I am now scanning away. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.