Please help before i lose my mind..........pro162 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammms

I have no idea what to do to program my pro-162. I have seen info that says this should be in this order and that in that order. Confused as hell. Can someone dummy it down for me. step by step

I Have ARC-160
Premium RR

Trying to program Lebanon County, Pennsylvania.

Thanks for any help

Jim

captclint

Mentor
You have software that will connect to this site. Select "Internet" at the top, and then Radio Reference. Once the software is connected(using your ID and PW for this site), you can click through the dialog boxes to Lebanon County, Be sure to select "Trunked systems" (not Conventional), From there, you select Lebanon County EDACS System, check "all" for sites and TGID's, and import the whole system and Talk Groups into the software. Then you select ":upload" to send this system to your scanner. All that pesky stuff about putting stuff in order is taken care of automatically for you.

Last edited:

DickH

I have no idea what to do to program my pro-162. I have seen info that says this should be in this order and that in that order. Confused as hell. Can someone dummy it down for me. step by step

I Have ARC-160
Premium RR

Trying to program Lebanon County, Pennsylvania.

Thanks for any help

Jim

Since it's an EDACS system the freqs. MUST be put into the correct channels starting with 001 or 101 or 201, etc. Thus, you need to put each site into a separate bank.
But you need to find the correct Base, Offset and spacing because that is a UHF system. You had better ask in the Penna. forum. Someone there may know.
See page 52 of the manual for how to enter them.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
But you need to find the correct Base, Offset and spacing because that is a UHF system.

Base, Offset and Spacing only apply to Motorola systems, not EDACS.

With EDACS you only need to program the LCN's in the proper order in the scanner, starting with channel 01 not 00 for the 160/162 models. One Site/System per bank.

DickH

Base, Offset and Spacing only apply to Motorola systems, not EDACS.

With EDACS you only need to program the LCN's in the proper order in the scanner, starting with channel 01 not 00 for the 160/162 models. One Site/System per bank.

Ooops, Motorola on my mind.:)
LCN is Logical Channel NUMBER, not order. Although the freqs. in many systems are in channel number order; 1, 2, 3, some are not; 1,4,5,10,12, etc. Yes, it's a fine point, but if someone does not pay attention to the small channel numbers in the database, they could get bad results.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Thread Moved

Moved to the Scanner Programming Software forum from the Database Discussion forum. Please post in the appropriate forums, thanks.

hammms

cant do that

selecting all sites leads to a "warning. you have selected more than one site. your scanner might not trunk this system properly. Please select only one site."

no way around it.....now what?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It appears you would need to put each site into its own bank, with its own list of talkgroups. However, you might profit by finding out which site(s) are closest to you, and therefore, you would have the best chance of hearing clearly. Alternately, if you travel all over Lebanon County, you might need all the sites.

Clumsy, unfortunately, but that's likely the way to go 73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.