Please help/Dodge county, Ne

Robert8668

I am located in Fremont Nebraska, I am new to scanning and am using a bcd436 Uniden scanner that I luckily happen to do the favorite list on computer and ended up getting the local Orion frequencies police, fire, ems ect yet found the local trunk frequencies received i would say every transmission flawlessly and the Orion I was missing allot, well with that said the past almost 2 months I have been unable to receive anything local, no pd fire ems, still getting state patrol and the trunked one i was using i cant get back, I've redone my favorites many times over with nothing and pretty much at a loss. sure wish there was a scanner class from the git go to truly explain what all the categories in each column means and does when using the sentinel program and explaining the favorites and the how to edit the channels basically 101 scanner school lol, anyway I don't know what or how I happened to get lucky when I got this scanner about may this year, cause whatever I did it worked! i didn't even get to learn the hard way and like the ole saying goes if it aint broke don't fix it so I just listened now I'm at a wall and I really want to learn but want my locals back at same time. sorry this is so long winded but it has sat now a $400 dollar toy for over a month in the corner. anyone out there willing to lend a green new enthusiast a hell of a hand out it would be very appreciated. thanks in advance...

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
It appears Fremont and most of Dodge County is on the ORION P25 Phase 2 system, the Dodge County Site is simulcast. The only scanner designed to work with simulcast is the SDS scanners, so this might be part of your problem depending on reception where you are monitoring from. The good news is the talkgroups do not appear to be encrypted (except for the PD 3 TG). Not being in your area, I hope someone there will respond here, my guess is your problem is simulcast distortion.

W0JJK

You need to make sure you have the Dodge county site in the ORION system.

I have also been hearing fire paging for the rural dept on 460.475.