Please Help.. I Just bought a Uniden HomePatrol Police Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blockmade925

I just bought a Uniden HomePatrol Police Scanner on amazon, witch came with a antenna and sd card and charger, When hitting in my Zip Code or City it doesnt find it, and even when it finds cities by me there is no sound, I tried Chicago/Oakland and havent heard one dispatcher, Please Help.. email me at PerryJayStewart@gmail.com

kb8rvp

Did it come with the programming cable? You will need to download the HomePatrol Sentinel software and connect the scanner to your computer and update the master database.

JamesO

I just bought a Uniden HomePatrol Police Scanner on amazon, witch came with a antenna and sd card and charger, When hitting in my Zip Code or City it doesnt find it, and even when it finds cities by me there is no sound, I tried Chicago/Oakland and havent heard one dispatcher, Please Help.. email me at PerryJayStewart@gmail.com

Start by turning all the Service Types on and extend the Range, this should wake things up a bit.

But the Master Database is way outdated even when you purchase the scanner new, so you WILL need to download and install the Home Patrol Sentinel software on a computer and updated the Master Database and write it to the scanner. The scanner firmware may need to be updated as well? Again, the Home Patrol Sentinel software is needed for firmware updates as well.

Blockmade925

Hmm

Yes, I did that and it says I already have the newest version, I did see my City "LIvermore Police" once and now Its not showing up anymore and even when I did have it there wasnt any sound, There isn't any sound on any of them channels, The sound is working because I can hear the clicking sound,

JamesO

Control + W and/or choose the Home Patrol from the top banner bar.

Verify your Master Database is up to date. I think under Settings you can find this info?

The Master Database is updated weekly.

Blockmade925

Ok when I open my Home pentral central and hit Control + W a box pulls up and I Suppose to write those codes you game me into that box?? Thank you for helping me by the way

JamesO

Within Home Patrol Sentinel, choose the Update tab at the top of the screen.

Choose Update Master HPDB, this will take a few minutes depending on your Internet and computer speed.

Once the Master HPDB has been updated, you can then choose to update it. You need to be careful, I do not recall all steps but you can miss installing the update if you are not careful.

To verify you have the latest Database, do the following:

From the Home Patrol main (Listen) screen, press Menu

Press Advanced Menu

Press the Down Arrow, far right lower corner

Press Version Information

The latest Firmware Version is 2.04

My Database is a few weeks old, it shows as Database Version 02/09/2014, I know there is a newer update, I will probably update again later this week.

Blockmade925

Ok I did all that every time I hit Update Firmware Or update master HPDB It says I have the later version, I went to My Info and it says Version 2.04 DataBase Version 02/23/14 I done the Write to home patrol thing and it did but I still cant listen to any channels, I mean the Channels are there just no sound on any of them, Oakland Ca and Chicago Il, For example, So i understand that whatever is on my Home Patrol sential is like a transfer to my Unbiden home patrol device correct???

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
Ok I did all that every time I hit Update Firmware Or update master HPDB It says I have the later version, I went to My Info and it says Version 2.04 DataBase Version 02/23/14 I done the Write to home patrol thing and it did but I still cant listen to any channels, I mean the Channels are there just no sound on any of them, Oakland Ca and Chicago Il, For example, So i understand that whatever is on my Home Patrol sential is like a transfer to my Unbiden home patrol device correct???

First, where are you located?

Second, you are trying to monitor two different STATE'S that are 3-4 days away from each other by road.

You are ONLY going to be able to monitor radio systems located near you. NOT other States or Countries.

I think this is the issue.

Please go to the following link, locate the system you are around and we will get you going to hear things that are around you.
RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database

Blockmade925

I am Located In Livermore, Caifornia ( Alameda County ) Trying to get the Livermore Police Feed, I am 30 mins away from Oakland Ca I should be able to listen to Oakland but that one doesn't even work, Im only

Im only trying to montitor my city here in Califrnia

I will try your link right now, Thank you

Blockmade925

Basically all my home patrol does is scan doesn't stop on anything, Just keeps scanning on the full database doesnt find any Department or channels,

Blockmade925

Ok So I found out it was the Antenna, So its stopping on cities now and I can hear dispatchers, But I still cant find my city, Can you help me with that??

Blockmade925

How do I program my City so I can listen to the Police feed

Hi, So I bought a Uniden Home patrol 1, How do I program my city Police feed? I seen "Livermore Police" on it before now I cant find it even entering the zip code or city, I have the squelch up high as well even tried it low, and I still dont see it, I updated the firmware and did the "write to home patrol" Still Dont see Livermore California ( Alameda County ) Can you please help me, Thank you.. -Perry Email: PerryJayStewart@gmail.com

Dafe1er

You have to select to NOT scan the entire database and turn ON the Favorites list you created and want to hear then scan those. No real reason to scan the entire database unless you have nothing better to do but wait for something to come active. While scanning the entire DB, it takes a while depending on the amount of channels you are scanning to hear anything. This is why I say scan only your FL for now.

Make sure you have the correct service types selected(I keep all them on) and you should be good to go.

If you are having antenna problems ie: You can scan and the scanner stops on a channel and you hear nothing for audio but see signal bars on the screen, you might want to try moving around the house. If that does not work then an new antenna would need to be purchased. This also could be a channel that is encrypted and then you will never hear anything as the Home Patrol is set to not make any type of noise on encrypted channels.

Dafe1er

Also, set you squelch to 2. Having it up to high will not bring anything in close or far.

Seems like you are trying to program it by hand. If this is the case I recommend programming the scanner via sentinel and getting things to work then after that do things by hand. I found doing it by hand when I first bought the scanner I was missing steps. Plugged into the software and took some tie learning it then got the hang of programming by hand.

You also have another thread open here with this issue: http://forums.radioreference.com/un...-bought-uniden-homepatrol-police-scanner.html

Let's try to keep it all in one thread for now. This way nothing get's to confusing for you and us.

Mod's can you please merge these threads.....Thanks.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
went to HomePatrol and added the newest version of homepatrol sentinel, Maybe thats old?? Do you think??

The latest edition of the Sentinel software is Version 2.02 (revision 04)

How do I turn off scan full database??

Ok So I found out it was the Antenna, So its stopping on cities now and I can hear dispatchers, But I still cant find my city, Can you help me with that??

Check the info at these 2 links for up to date manuals, and the answers to the basics you seem to be struggling with, and much more info that will allow you to get the most out of your new Home Patrol.

Easier to Read HomePatrol Scanner Manual

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/HomePatrol/WebHome/HomePatrol_OM_V2.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.