please help,I need step by step to program my pro 163 for project safe t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

diapies4

Premium Subscriber
I bought a pro 163 to be able to get the new 800 mhz system on it,but am unable to program it. Crawford county Indiana falls under the new hoosier project safe t system,and I got the talk group id's from the project t forum on this site,but even with thatI have been unable to do it.the best I did was I got a volunteer fireman to key up his mike while I scanned for it with the signal stalker feature,even that didn't help. I got the one frequency,but I am so lost,It would be a godsend if someone would help me out,the whole neighborhood is waiting for me to get answers on this so I can help them.

jerk

diapies4 said:
I bought a pro 163 to be able to get the new 800 mhz system on it,but am unable to program it. Crawford county Indiana falls under the new hoosier project safe t system,and I got the talk group id's from the project t forum on this site,but even with thatI have been unable to do it.the best I did was I got a volunteer fireman to key up his mike while I scanned for it with the signal stalker feature,even that didn't help. I got the one frequency,but I am so lost,It would be a godsend if someone would help me out,the whole neighborhood is waiting for me to get answers on this so I can help them.
Well, you need to post this in the Indiana forum. Second, you have an analog scanner only, Safe-T is digital and analog, so it will only pickup less than a quarter of radio traffic, that is mutual aid and DOT trucks, beyond that, everything else is digital.

Use the database here for the frequencies, and get a copy of win97 by Don Starr, google for it, and that will make things much easier. You can download from here if a premium member.

N9JIG

Sheriff
diapies4 said:

Step 1: Go to Radio Shack and return the PRO163, since it doesn't work on Safe-T.
Step 2: Buy a PRO96, PSR500, PSR600, BCD996T or BCD396T.
Step 3: Depending on what scanner you buy get back to us and we will help you figure it out.

To decide which scanner to get look at the feature lists snf decide what one to get. I suggest the BCD396T or PSR500 for handhelds, since they can handle the 700 MHz. band that will eventually be used in many areas. Most people think the PSR has better audio, but that the BCD396T is somewhat easier to program.

Highpockets

diapies4 said:

If you decide to keep the scanner, here is the link for that system:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=933

Status
Not open for further replies.