Please help me grrrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

doughboy9r

OK..... i got a bc355c 1 week ago. its in my car with the wire antenna. i and constantly locking out static. is it the antenna? or just that i wont get alot in the car. im going to order a magnettic mount double sealed coil on ebay but dont want to waste my money if it wont fix the priblem. even the CB band only works if the truck is 3 or 4 cars close then there is nothing.. PLEASE HELP.............

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Where is the power connected?
What are you currently using for an antenna?
CB reception isn't always a good indication of scanner reception (especially if using an antenna not made for 27 MHz), so how about checking WX channels (162.425 - 162.550) instead?

haleve

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

doughboy9r

help

Where is the power connected?
What are you currently using for an antenna?
CB reception isn't always a good indication of scanner reception (especially if using an antenna not made for 27 MHz), so how about checking WX channels (162.425 - 162.550) instead?

power is in the lighter.
using the antenna privided for the front window (a wire with suction cups)
wx stations clear as a bell

doughboy9r

help

I got that same piece of crap antenna when I bought my BCT-8, it picks up everything but what you want to hear, you also dehydrate yourself licking those dopey suction cups to keep the antenna on your windshield too, with 2' of receiving surface you are lucky to even receive cb transmissions, I'd go for the Ebay antenna & if not, try these.

DPD Productions - Antennas & Accessories for the RF Professional & Radio Hobbyist

Scanner Antennas

Mobile Wide-Band

Scanner Antennas

i dont really care of the cost i just want reception instead of locking out channels for 8 hours a day. i drive over 100000km a year and this was supposed to be a time passing purchace:)

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
power is in the lighter.
using the antenna privided for the front window (a wire with suction cups)
wx stations clear as a bell

If possible, ditch the lighter connection and direct wire it to the battery (and use a fusehoder of course) - a good start to eliminating noise generated by the car itself.

Also, as the gentleman from FL stated - swap out the suction cup antenna, for at the very least, a mag-mount.

*EDIT* - just got to thinking - is this your vehicle or rent a cars (based on your miles / yr comment)?

Last edited:

ilgrant

Just something to throw out there...

On my car the FM radio was causing the problem if it was tuned to a particular station...even when the radio was off!

rmosier

You could try a ground loop isolator from Radioshack. The amp in my Jeep was causing me problems and it worked like a charm. If you are listening to only one audio channel (left or right speaker only) you can run the RCA jack on the isolator back through itself for double the benefit. (Because is meant for stereo it has two leads).

Status
Not open for further replies.