Please Help ME with IC-F3161DT

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLNJR

I will start by saying that I am a complete noob when it comes to ICOM. I just picked up a used ICOM IC-F3161DT from a guy off of craigslist, and when I turn it on it has railroad frequencies saved. Is there a way that I can reset it so that I can program what frequencies that I want to use? I plan on using it for playing airsoft, and my friends use frequencies in the 460mhz. It has rev 2.8.5 RR and Drev 2.5. Thanks for your help.

Terry

N8IAA

I will start by saying that I am a complete noob when it comes to ICOM. I just picked up a used ICOM IC-F3161DT from a guy off of craigslist, and when I turn it on it has railroad frequencies saved. Is there a way that I can reset it so that I can program what frequencies that I want to use? I plan on using it for playing airsoft, and my friends use frequencies in the 460mhz. It has rev 2.8.5 RR and Drev 2.5. Thanks for your help.

Terry

First, since it has railroad freqs in it, the frequency range is 137-174MHz. Not 460MHz.
Larry

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Larry is correct. The 3161 is VHF. The 4161 series covers UHF.

What you have is a professional radio and cannot be programmed via the keypad (in most cases). You need to purchase the software and cable to program it.

There's also an issue whether the frequencies you're programming in are legal for you to transmit on or not. Not sure if you have experience in radios but I thought I'd put it out there.

If you're just using the radios for airsoft... why not go to Walmart and not grab a FRS radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.